cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have i made a mistake re plusnet broadband?

alisonholden
Dabbler

have i made a mistake re plusnet broadband?

i've just joined plusnet although phone line will not be activated until 10th and then the order for the broadband will put in so i have until then to decide whether to go ahead with my broadband order.
i need broadband for work so i can't have slow speeds or cr@p service i am starting to have serious doubts about plusnet should i cancel the order? so far customer service has been awful.
can people please give me your thoughts/ experiences - good or bad
many thanks
34 REPLIES 34
Mand
Grafter

Re: have i made a mistake re plusnet broadband?

Hi there,
Looking at your account the order was delayed until the 10th at your request?
I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your ticket, this is something that we're working very hard to sort at the moment.
I can assure you that reliable broadband and good customer service is the norm rather than the exception. We're always here to help on the forums too should you need us. Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Hi Alison
I think its 50-50 to be honest. I have had 1 problem with my connection in 1.5 years or so. However you only need to take a look around here to see the copius amounts of people complaining.
The sad reality is that i think there are better out there at the moment.
Good Luck!
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

@Mand
It seems from browsing the forums this morning that you are the one helping today  Cheesy
Can you check on my friends account to see what the latest is with his fault (username weeman1980), i would ask Matt but he ignored my last message i think
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mrmarkus,
The last PM I received from you was on the 4th I believe, I did respond to weeman's ticket advising that we were awaiting engineer results following the visit he had booked for that afternoon. Those are now available and his profile is back up to 7616kb/s on BTs side (and matching on ours), there have been no drops since then so I'd hope we were seeing much improved speeds on that line. I'll respond to the ticket immediately following this post asking if this is in fact what's happened.
alisonholden
Dabbler

can i change my order as its not been actioned yet so i'm not tied into a 12 month contract! the more i read the more i'm thinking what have i done! i am prepared to give you a months trial but that it - i cant afford to have a cr@p broadband system.
sea138
Dabbler

In a word Alison - "yes" - you have made a mistake.
Mand - how can you come on here and lie that good customer service is the norm? You will see from on here that customer service is dreadful. Operators deliberately dropping calls when on hold for 30 minutes is good customer service? Taking 2.5 years to diagnose a faulty router which was sent out at the time of a broadband order is good customer servie? Get real and be honest with your customers that customer service is not something that Plusnet should be proud of.  Do the honourable thing and allow Alisona 30 days get out clause, as I am pretty sure she will want to move.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there aint no such thing as a 12 month contract, they are now all 1 month with 10 days notice.  BUT if you have a router or certain other things, they are free after a year but cost if you leave earlier
tihson
Grafter

I found this on o2 thought it might be of interest to plusnet and Alison
IT RELATES TO O2 BROADBAND NEW ACCOUNTS
1.2 You may terminate your contract within the first 30 days after the Services connection date ("Cooling Off Period") by calling Home Broadband Customer Service and giving us notice no later than the 30th day after the Services connection date. You will receive a refund of any money you paid, less a pro-rated subscription charge for the period from connection of your line until you inform us you wish to cancel, and any connection charges if they apply. If you terminate your contract during the Cooling Off Period, you may not be able to request the Services at the same installation address for 6 months after the end of the Cooling Off Period.
1.3 Upon termination of your contract, you must return the Equipment in the prepaid returns envelope provided to you and take it to the post office. We must receive the Equipment within 30 days of the termination date. Any Equipment not received by us within that timeframe will be subject to a fee of £50. If you keep any Equipment after we stop providing Services, it is supplied to you 'as is', without warranty and we are not able to support it.
I think i might try O2 after reading this as it seems such a fair and reasonable condition, Good Service or your money back!
Teds31
Grafter

Been withPN for many years now and not a lot of trouble, when I have had a problem I go to the forums and they usually sort me out. Smiley
WatchBatterycou
Dabbler

Alison,
I would have said that you hadn't made a mistake had it not been for the fact that during the last month or so I have had the need to log a couple of tickets. Not one of these was answered within 2 days. I have just made a posting about FTP issue which I had to talk to someone on the phone about (after hanging on 20 minutes at nearly midnight). Over a year ago the service was very good. I don't know what's happened to PN since.
AJ
Mand
Grafter

@alisonholden, your phone order has now completed, and your broadband order is progressing. Please shout up if there's anything else I can help with.
You're on a monthly contract with us, if you did want to leave the only fee you'd need to pay would be the cost of the hardware you ordered. I hope this reassures you.
@sea138, I see a number of customers here, a number of tickets internally, and a lot of feedback from users advising how impressed they've been with our customer services. Yes, we get it wrong sometimes, and we'll try our best to put it right if that's the case.
Do you still have an issue I can help with?
@tihson, we have a monthly contract for all accounts, which is better than the o2 term IMO.
@Teds31, thanks for the feedback.
@WatchBatterycouk, we've had delays on ticket responses for the last few weeks, and are working very hard to reduce these. I understand your issues been sorted now though?
WatchBatterycou
Dabbler

Mand,
Thanks for the response. Yes I can ftp once again and quite quickly too. I am just awaiting reassurance that when my next billing period starts on the 11th Feb 2010 that I will be moved to the 10Gb package.
Thanks again
AJ
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi AJ,
See my response to your other post, the change is scheduled for tomorrow to Plusnet Value.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
alisonholden
Dabbler

thanks everyone for your comments & help - its been really useful.
i am still very concerned - apparently my phone line was activated today bit nobody has told me what my new number is - really useful!!
just checked my status as have yet more queries!!!
it seems i have a charge of £12.98 for ADSL i'm presuming this is for my router & broadband - only the router should have been paid for as this SHOULD have been ordered today
the broadband is not scheduled until 17/2 so payment should not be taken until this date DEF NOT BEFORE!!!
there was also a paymnet of £11.25 which i'm presuming is the phone line - this is dates 9/2 even though it didn't go live until today so again money taken early!!!
when i checked the status of my account is doesn't tie up at all with the money you have taken!!
checking details - status = nearly ready to order broadband?? why has in not been ordered?
first payment - status = we've taken payment - there's a surprise!!
hardware - status = not been placed - yet you've taken my bloody money!!!

PLEASE SORT THIS ASAP - I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!! TRUST ME I WILL WRITE TO OTELO AND LODGE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT! Angry