cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have i made a mistake re plusnet broadband?

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: have i made a mistake re plusnet broadband?

I am on PN home phone and it knew my number
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi alisonholden,
Did you get your number email alright, or did the number advised earlier work for you? I'm just hoping to make sure everything's working alright for you.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Me too - dial 17070 and the automated reply is
"This circuit is defined as <my number>
I am on Plusnet phone
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I have used that number for a few years, and often thought it strange that there was no "Please press one for ...... at the start of it.....  also I don`t get the " for ring back" bit either..... ! (I`m on Bt)
grubley

Er ... have you tried phoning your mobile to get your number ...  Smiley
One thing to watch on the billing is the £12.98 is P&P plus the first month's BB charge from the activation date. This came out of my account before my account activation on the 17-Feb but I thought 'fair enough' as I got the router on the same day. But ... I then got a notice of my next bill for £5.99 on the 24-Feb. What?! A quick post to support though cleared it up, it should be £12.98 on or before the activation date and then monthly thereafter, i.e next bill on the 17-Mar.
If you're planning to use this for work, the £5.99 deal might not be sturdy enough - check out the PlusNet speed charts at different times of day. Download speed can drop to 512k at peak times. You might also find that your line works faster if wired rather than wireless - mine is much faster & more reliable wired. I have a tech support query on this at the moment - whether its a faulty router that needs replacing or if this is to be expected with the router 802.11b/g standard, in which case I've asked for feedback on switching to a wireless 802.11n upgrade which should be a lot faster and more robust.
Hope this helps.