cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud and incompetence by Plusnet

unhaapy1000

fraud and incompetence by Plusnet

I have been stupid enough to sign up for a broadband line with Plusnet, nearly 2 months ago.  I paid in advance for 12 months and received an email confirming dates for an engineer to visit.  I took a day off work for this visit.  The engineer never arrived and when I contacted plusnet about it the staff were so unhelpful and frankly liars.  I told them under no circumstances was I proceeding with the line.  I made a complaint to a manager who confirmed in writing that the service was poor from Plusnet but they would not be willing to reimburse me for time off and costs incurred unless I remained a customer.  When I enquired what they would be prepared to do I was told they would only discuss that if I agreed to have the line installed.  I thought this was ridiculous and further showed how pathetic and unreasonable this company is.  I cancelled, with no reimbursement for my costs and 6 weeks time wasted and still no broadband.  I received an email confirming that the line would be cancelled and was told I would be refunded within 7 days.  That was 10 days ago and no refund has been made for the advance payment I made in good faith to this embarrassment of a company.  I have just rang them and been told that nothing has been done and I shall have to wait at least 10 further days for a refund.
WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.  I WILL BE ADVISING EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO USE THIS FRAUDULENT AND INCOMPETENT COMPANY.
I have contacted my bank and am charging everything back and will be taking Plusnet to small claims for the loss of holiday and subsequent costs incurred.
I hope someone at Plusnet sees this and realises what a prospective new customer who did everything asked of them has been treated.  Although, I cant imagine theyll be bothered at all.
20 REPLIES 20
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: fraud and incompetence by Plusnet

Hi unhaapy1000,
I'm very sorry to hear of your experience with Plusnet.
I have had a look at the account and can see that this has been raised to a manager earlier today. Once they've had a look into this they'll be back in touch.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.
unhaapy1000

And do what exactly?  More lies, false promises and fraudulent behaviour?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The Manager will be back in touch to resolve this issue with you.
If there is anything we can do to help following this, please let us know.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

More lies, false promises and fraudulent behaviour?

I can see why you are justifiably unhappy, I would be the same. However, just a word of warning about your wording. The libel laws are quite strong & far reaching.
unhaapy1000

They took payment for a service they havent provided, didnt turn up when promised and then failed to refund when promised.  They have either deliberately done this or have been negligent in their actions.  All of which are classified as false promises, lies or fraudulent behaviour.  Nothing libellous here, unless of course Plusnet want  to deny this and Ill happily post everything and we'll see whats true.
unhaapy1000

Quote from: Chris
The Manager will be back in touch to resolve this issue with you.
If there is anything we can do to help following this, please let us know.

Are they going to pay me by faster payments immediately today?  Are they going to compensate me?  Or are they going to lie to me again like your last manager did?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

They'll discuss this with you in full. I'm sorry the refund wasn't processed following your conversation with the previous manager. Please await a call from the manager this was escalated to earlier today.
unhaapy1000

Manager has just contacted me and offered a pathetic £25 for a day lost from work, hours spent on the phone and the lies told.  She had the cheek to try and get me to stay with Plusnt as well.  Still 10 days for a refund so you will have had my money for 2 months without providing a thing.  You should be wholeheartedly embarrassed for the disgraceful behaviour your pathetic company has exhibited and the even more pathetic attempts you have made to resolve them.
The only difference between this call and the one I had on the 1st was the £25 insult.  You honestly think offering someone less than minimum wage for failing to turn up is a good way to do business?
TORPC
Grafter

It seems that PlusNet has fallen foul of the (Too Big To Care Syndrome), like all big companies, after they get a certain amount of million customers
So much for the new UK based call centre to relieve a lot of problems / issues, as seeing the escalation of negative posts by Angry / Upset members, proves the need for PlusNet to start tilting the slippery slope back to being level
I did start a poll in relation to being loyal to PlusNet, Issues like your & many others keep reminding me of the famous story of Job, & making me test my loyalty
artmo
Aspiring Champion

PN need to sort this out ASAP but in the meantime I agree with tijara33 - you should be careful of libel laws.
I, like a lot of other people have been with PN for many years and always had good service from them Smiley
unhaapy1000

Thanks, but I dont need to be careful of any libel laws.  To take money for something and not deliver it is fraud by negligent misrepresentation at best.  At worst its fraud by deception. Additionally, it is my opinion posted on a forum.  It has been proven in  the High Court (2009) that statements made on forums by individuals do not count as factual statements for the purposes of libel.
Ive just received another email from these idiots saying they wont be refunding the money I paid as I threatened to charge back.  If thats the way they want it then thats exactly how we'll play it and now they will get a bill for my administration costs and a merchants fee from my bank.
How dare they behave like this.
"Thank you very much for your time on the phone today.
I am very sorry about the poor experience you have had with Plusnet so far and am sorry we have been unable to deliver the customer service we would like to.
I can confirm I have now closed your account with immediate effect.
I did offer a full refund of your first payment but you advised you are going to conduct a charge back this afternoon as you do not wish to wait for up to 10 working days for this to return. "
Absolutely disgraceful.
TORPC
Grafter

I never thought I would see the days, when PlusNet would dare, follow the same path as the wooden spoon contenders / winners TalkTalk etc
[quote=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346322/TalkTalk-wins-award-worst-customer-service-2010.html]They're rude, aggressive and even tell lies
Charge for services they've NOT supplied
Don't EVER return your calls
Harass you for money that you DON'T owe
TalkTalk is the winner of our Wooden Spoon award for ­providing the worst customer service in 2010.
Sorry PlusNet but reality does set in
unhaapy1000

I wish there was a thanks button Torp!
TORPC
Grafter

Consider me thanked & you are welcome Smiley
I just wish that PlusNet would be able to get back on the rails with full steam ahead,
That said are they able to pull themselves, back from the Negativity that is a major cause for the, Angry / Upset customers that we are seeing of late ?Huh
If the new CEO 6 - 7 months in have not improved things, then they need to look for a new CEO as since Andy Bakers arrival there has been a major decline
I think PlusNet should HeadHunt for their next CEO
DIDO HARDING
as she has literally turned TalkTalk around, I know they still have work to do, as Rome was not built in a day, but the hard work from DIDO HARDING is clearly paying off, as can be seen on their forums (where you do not have to be a customer to sign up)