cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feeling let down

Gra

feeling let down

Been a plusnet customer over a year and i have to say ive not had 1 problem that many have ...speed has been fine .. no drop outs ..ive changed the hardware to a bt smarthub5 then 6 ...no problems.

my gripe is that im out of contract and i feel pushed out as i see new deals for NEW customers that dont apply to me ...i have the hardware and nothing needs setup yet im paying over the odds.

i can shout loudly that my service has been brilliant but for what reason ..to feel ripped off

id love to pay 25pm instead of 35 but they just wont let us ...kinda disappointed tbh.

i guess theres no such thing as customer loyalty these days.

rant over but food for thought.

12 REPLIES 12
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: feeling let down

Yes its all ISP offers for new customers only Undecided

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Cannot PlusNet allow you the new deals if you sign a new contract?
Sounds to me you'd be willing to do so as you are happy with the service, as you say.

In regards to hardware, if you do sign a new contract I would pay the postage charge so you have a backup if your current hardware dies - this has happened to me in the past twice years ago with my older (non PlusNet) routers.

Jaykay

We've just swopped from BT for that reason.  The price keeps drifting up & up and the good deals are for 'new customers only'.  A pound or so every 6 months drifting on upwards. We started at £25.00 for broadband, line rental & BTSports and 2 years on BT wanted £43.00 on renewal.  So we tell them we're leaving & fix up with Plusnet and a week later the phone calls start from BT offering to drop the price.  We're fed up with BT by then and we continue our swop.  Equipment arrives & is exactly the same as BTs.  We think 'Is it worth swopping these routers over??!! '   Its been a hassle for a month because of course it doesn't go smoothly.  Still waiting on the TV.  We'll be paying £12.00 less a month than BT.  It's an interesting exercise in patience for £144 saved.  Fully expect that in 2 years time we'll get annoyed again by the radio ads offering much better rates to First timers and we'll swop back to BT.  Perhaps we'll try TalkTalk instead. They say they'll fix the price.   I bet it's the same equipment again.  They're all the same parent company after all.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Gra

So rather than shouting loudly I suggest that you find a cheap deal from another ISP then ring Plusnet, select the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option and without shouting quote the cheaper deal and see what you can negotiate if you recontract.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Baldrick1

@Jaykay Welcome to the forum.

If you have an old BT Home Hub 5a then this is basically the same as Plusnet's Hub One. If you have a Home Hub 5b or Smarthub 6 I suggest that you use these instead of the Plusnet offering. You will find instructions on how to set them up on your Plusnet account on this forum Router board.

Talk talk are not a BT company and use a different router.

Moderator and Customer

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gra

hi

i dont think there that forward thinking losing custom is probably something there not concerned about ..as regards to the hardware i still have a BT hub5 type b sitting in a cupboard...the smarthub 6 is no real improvement ...but atleast they work well on plusnet.

Gra

yeah virgin and sky did the same to me with price creeping there customer base is massive compared to plusnet ...thats loyalty for you i guess.

Gra

yup kinda sucks have the price for the loyal customers ...ive not have any issues with plusnet and didnt really want to leave them so now ive got to weigh up my options.

Gra

i have the hub 5 type b and smarthub 6 ....which isnt a great improvement on the 5 ...and the wifi distance is virtually the same as the hub 5 ...good ol bt .

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I may be wrong , but i seam to recollect if you leave for 3 months , you can return as a new customer Thumbs_Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Baldrick1

@Gra wrote:

i have the hub 5 type b and smarthub 6 ....which isnt a great improvement on the 5 ...and the wifi distance is virtually the same as the hub 5 ...good ol bt .

See here for a comparison between Hub One/HH5a and Smart Hub Wifi performance: https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/assets/pdf/bt_smart_hub_test_report.pdf

Moderator and Customer