cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero human interaction on a submitted fault request.

FIXED
am77
Grafter

Zero human interaction on a submitted fault request.

I filed report #172366810 on the evening of the 12 April '18 for a severely intermittent fibre broadband connection, surprisingly a BTOpenreach engineer came out very early the next morning (was a Clear Engineer I think he said) plugged his equipment in, claimed that there was nothing wrong with the line and showed me on his equipment that there had been zero disconnections, even though it had been constantly re-syncing the previous day.

The engineer suggested that my router was at fault (I know it isn't as the ECI modem that Openreach supplied was only giving around an 8Mbit downstream sync on a line that normally hits a sync of around 37Mbit ).  He also said that the ISP will likely leave the fault open for monitoring purposes and we went off to the green box to do a double check there, that was the last I saw of him.

A little while later the line re-synced again and whilst the line is / was a bit more stable the sync speeds are nowhere near where they should be.

Fast foward to Wednesday 18th April '18 and the automated support script tells me "The broadband fault has been closed by the supplier. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker." 

So I added "More Detail" to explain that I bought a new router to eliminate the Engineers hypothesis of a faulty router (it isn't as seeing the same bad behaviour on the new one) and reported that the Sync Speeds are way off what they should be.

Last night we had a thunderstorm 21st April '18 and the line lost it's sync after midnight, it wouldn't re-sync at all and when it finally appeared to sync at 07:45am it did so at 4Mbit downstream.  

It's now playing up again, trouble syncing and the speeds are still terrible.

The most frustrating thing is it feels like support are NOT listening through the automated channels, we as members SHOULD be INFORMED at all times what is going on with reported faults and not having to wait days for the automated scripts to update.

I'm going to request a GEA test if possible and a human to look into this - thanks

9 REPLIES 9
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Zero human interaction on a submitted fault request.

not until Monday Sad  weekends they are thin on the ground unfortunately

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having.

I'll update your open fault shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
am77
Grafter

Thankyou @MatthewWheeler - the update is most appreciated, at least I can now print off the test results to show any potential engineer that there is a line fault and not my equipment being the cause of the issues. 

am77
Grafter

@MatthewWheeler Please to say the engineer has just been and cleared a HR fault on the line.  He also did a remote DSLAM reset so the line is techincally cleared and back into a 10 day stability process.

The only problem now is that my Plusnet Line Speed profile is stuck at 9.3Mbit when I am now syncing back at my more normal 38Mbit download, so if that could have a manual nudge that would be very much appreciated. 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@am77  Hi , just to say despite what you get told There is NO 10 day training period on a FTTC connection Thumbs_Up

The DLM will find its best within the first 48 hours Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
am77
Grafter

@rongtw yep the engineer called it a 10 day stability check and I've been on fibre for a few years now.  But that info will always help out newbies to FTTC installs.  When my fibre was first installed the DLM hardly intervened at all and only ever does so with line faults (which I've just had) and also to drop me to the 3db profile, which I'll have to wait again to happen since i've been reset. 

Smiley

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @am77, I'm sorry to hear of the poor experience that you've had. I've passed on some feedback regarding the lack of updates and human interaction on this fault.

I've adjusted your connection profile now. Please let us know if you experience any further problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
am77
Grafter

Thank you for the adjustment to my plusnet line speed profile @EmilyD.  Had quite a bit of rain and a bit of thunder, and thankfully the line is still stable so all is now definitely fixed, we got there eventually.  Smiley

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved @am77.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further problems.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team