cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

engineer no show...

Angrypetee
Grafter

engineer no show...

Am I really surprised....actually I'm not.
Took half a day off work too...
What are the chances of being compensated?
18 REPLIES 18
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: engineer no show...

BT Openreach offer fixed rates of compensation to your ISP for missed appointments (see http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...; But AFAIK your ISP is not under any obligation to claim the compensation and pass it on to you and there has never been a legal case to challenge this.  You could take a look here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights although this is much more focussed on a missed delivery of goods than missed delivery of services. 
Angrypetee
Grafter

I'll see what PN have got to say today on the matter.
If and when someone bothers to call me?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Angrypetee,
Please accept our apologies for the missing engineer for your appointment yesterday. I have looking into the fault within the system and it looks as though they tested the line before sending out the engineer and deemed the line fine and cancelled the appointment.
We're really sorry that this was cancelled and understand the inconvenience this brings. I've checked the wholesale system for additional appointment times and it looks as though we currently have an AM and PM slot for Friday however they have no availability for today and we would need to book fast to pick up an appointment for Friday.
If you could let me know how you wish to progress with this I'll pick it up and get this booked back in for you.
With regards to compensation, we could look at refunding for any downtime you have seen while the fault is ongoing however we would need to look into anything more than this as a separate matter.
Angrypetee
Grafter

Thanks Adam, Can I have a PM slot for Friday please...
and please also go ahead with looking into compensation for downtime as well.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Acassim
... deemed the line fine and cancelled the appointment. ...

Adam,
Is someone taking issue with BTw / BTOR on this?  Not only was this course of action unilateral against the service requested by PlusNET, it also lacked a common curtesy of letting both PlusNET and the end user know what was happening.  It is frankly unacceptable, BT non-communication leads to failure to fulfil end user expectations; this seems typical of Indian call centres - it is a pity that UK ISPs have to deal with BT via India.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Angrypetee
Grafter

what kind of guarantee do I get if they'll turn up this time
they deemed the line fine yesterday, whats to say they won't again tomorrow?

clearly there's a problem with my internet connection "Concentrator not reachable"  and rebooting the router an infinite number of times won't fix it...

Oh I don't know.....  Angry  Book me up for Friday PM and I'll waste another days holiday Cry
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Angrypetee - I've booked that for you now and will keep an eye on it for you to make sure that it moves from the reserved to confirmed state this afternoon it looks like this is now confirmed! Again we're sorry for the inconvenience caused on this one, I'll update the faults ticket on your account with the details now so you have some record of the second booking.
With regards to compensations matters, it would be best to look at this once we have the issue resolved so we're able to quantify the total downtime and see whats possible by way of raising it to the wholesaler. I would recommend speaking with the faults guys once you're back up and running to see what we can get done for you.
@Townman - Agreed that we should see updates from the wholesale system when changes are made. At least this would give us the ability to build an alerting system so we could make manual checks when needed!
Angrypetee
Grafter

thanks....i'll book downtime now then!
Angrypetee
Grafter

Could someone check and make sure that BTOR have not cancelled todays appointment (before I leave work to get home for the appointment) please!  Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Angrypetee,
I'm very sorry but it seems that the appointment has failed to go through due to a number of issues on our suppliers systems. I'm in contact with our suppliers as I'm writing this to see how we can get this resolved as quickly as possible and an appointment secured for you.
As it stands, please don't leave work as the engineer will not be attending this afternoon.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Angrypetee,
Thanks for your time on the phone today. Following our conversation I can confirm the appointment has been booked by our suppliers directly and it's been confirmed for 07/06/2014 between 8AM and 1PM.
Angrypetee
Grafter

Thanks Linn!
No lay in for me in the morning!  Undecided
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Linn
I'm very sorry but it seems that the appointment has failed to go through due to a number of issues on our suppliers systems. I'm in contact with our suppliers as I'm writing this to see how we can get this resolved as quickly as possible and an appointment secured for you.

And any follow up by yourselves to make sure the appointments go through.
When you're dealing with such a dodgy 'supplier system' it should be part of your business practices to verify every attempted booking goes through.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Angrypetee
Grafter

sorry....ignore....was a rant about an answerphone message, but all sorted now!  Crazy