cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email

sprog

email

I`m a new user with all the same problems of getting answers from raising a ticket, I can get an email sent to the plusnet email site but when I go back to see it the mail has disappeared and theres nothing there.  I`m still getting it from tiscali though, on its windows mail and I`m scared to change that as I`d lose it all. As far as I know I`ve cancelled tiscali- so how am I still getting their emails and how do I keep them on plusnet once I`ve read them?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: email

You are presumably using POP3 which doesn't leave a copy on the server unless you set it up to do so.
If you can advise which email program you are using I am sure someone will be able to assist.
This is one example http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/mailserver.mspx
Mand
Grafter

Re: email

Hi there,
There's a guide here for setting up Windows Mail. There's no reason why you can't have our mail and Tiscali's mail downloaded to the same Windows Mail installation.
sprog

email2

Hi Mand and Oldjim thankyou both but after trying all instructions from both( one after the other) I lost all connection to internet and had to go to system restore and now I`m getting message error 797.  I still haven`t had an answer from my raised ticket either.  I`m beginning to  think plusnet was a big mistake!
dick:blue I have merged your two threads on the same subject. Please do not start a new thread but reply to this one.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: email2

Quote from: sprog
... and now I`m getting message error 797.

Are you using a router or a USB modem? Have you managed to get back on the Internet or is that what you're having problems with? Your problem is almost certainly related to your setup and I doubt it's anything specific to Plusnet TBH.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵