Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disappearing open tickets

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

disappearing open tickets

When a user has 4 open tickets and a 5th is opened ( by PN ), the oldest open ticket then disappears (members centre shows a maximum of 4 open tickets  , but can still be viewed PN side) to make way for the new ticket.
When a ticket is closed, the ticket then becomes viewable again.
Are PN aware if this, if so, is it going to be fixed?
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

8 REPLIES 8
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: disappearing open tickets

Hi Mike,
Can you provide us with the Ticket ID's so that we can have a look into this for you. It's not something we've been made aware of previously so we will need to look into this and try to replicate it.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

See closed ticket 82120399 from tech support, at the time i had 5 open, as i do now
my open tickets
73797671 (this oldest open ticket not shown in m ember centre)
See attachment
Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the info Mike!
I've had a look into this and it is considered a rare case where you would need more than 4 open tickets at any time. I can see that this is currently the case for you, however, in general it's not very common. The member centre is designed to only show you 3-4 open tickets and if you have more open then you can still view them by looking at all tickets in the past X amount of days. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Linn
I thought that before posting , that its is probably a rare case  :), you can only look at closed tickets in the past X days, not open ones that are currently not showing  Cheesy
Kind Regards
Mike

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, I'm with you Mike. I'm sorry if it's caused an inconvenience. I've arranged for Ticket: 82176829 to be picked up as soon as possible and once this is closed then there should only be 4 open tickets remaining and you should be able to see all of them Cheesy
JohnJ-B
Grafter

Quote from: Linn
I've had a look into this and it is considered a rare case where you would need more than 4 open tickets at any time.

@LinnK
I would certainly agree that it is a rare case that a User would need to open more than 4 tickets - however the limit, on the User, comes into effect once the TOTAL number of tickets opened (whether by User or by PN) is exceeded.
My personal experience is that the PN system tends to generate lots of tickets - often blocking out the User being able to raise and/or see a Ticket!!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the comments JohnJ-B.
When our system generates tickets they are generally closed tickets so they would not effect this particular case. If a ticket is raised by the system and it's open then this is because it's required for a member of staff to pick it up and action/monitor this.
I will certainly ensure this is passed on and thanks for the feedback! Smiley
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

This particular issue has been raised (and debated!) a number of times over the past years.  IIRC the last time was about two years ago, and  James Bailey was involved.
There was a compromise made from the old position, but it obviously still needs to be sorted..
Maurice