Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bye bye plusnet

warbleeder
Grafter

bye bye plusnet

just placed my order elswhere
the last 6 years have not all been bad but since but since bt took over its gone down hill bad
ill like to say big thank you to people such as adam walker and afew others who have been a great help in the past years
p.s seen as i cant get to speak to customer services ...can someone lease rip me out of my contract (based on the email about prices rises)
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: bye bye plusnet

Good luck with your new provider but your memory is a bit faulty
Before BT bought Plusnet the company was in dire straits due to the owner maximising profit at the expense of everything else including buying capacity so that he could get more money when he sold it
It improved dramatically after that until Plusnet started chasing the lowest common denominator (Talk Talk probably) at the expense of recruiting and training staff to match the customer number increase
warbleeder
Grafter

since BT took over i have had countless speed issuss and have alot of trouble getting it sorted
ive had a data protection breach on my account
and staff now seem to have the i dont care attitude
before BT i had one or two minor speed issues (nothing like i do now) a quick call and they got sorted
i never had a DP breach on my account .......and staff seemed to care more (not under trained CSR staff like they have now)
i also remember at one time when someone who had been around for awhile ....told plusnet they would leave... plusnet did everything to keep their custom.... now its a case of ok go cya later....

Customer service and speed issues are the two major reason im leaving ......i also know of afew other people who have been with PN since force9 ...who are also leaving due to same issues.....dosnt it say something?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

BT bought Plusnet in 2007 which is 8 years ago and the data breach was in May 2007 so just after BT took over
Razorback
Grafter

I first joined Plusnet many years ago, and in spite of the rose tinted spectacles remember that the support was pretty dire then. The only thing they were able to say to was can you reboot your modem / pc? I seem to recall the call waiting times were long too.
As  OldJim  says Plusnet did a says get a lot better for a while after being bought by BT.
warbleeder
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
BT bought Plusnet in 2007 which is 8 years ago and the data breach was in May 2007 so just after BT took over

what databreach is this? as its not the one on my account  Shocked
the one on my account was only a couple years ago and they gave my personal info to other people....so hmm this has happened more than once?
mine was sorted but now this is more interesting....how many more data breachs have happened?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

warbleeder
Grafter

wow... but again how many more times has this happened and been swept under the rug.....
i got 6 months free BB to keep hush about mine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers @Warbleeder and sorry to hear you're going.
The personal mention is highly appreciated and all the best.
I've read through your feedback posted here and with regards to chat too.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
warbleeder
Grafter

your welcome adam... i would mention afew others if only i could remember their names Smiley
as i said not all bad but not all good either
i didnt realy want to leave but that time allways comes at some point
and doing away with the 24 hour support and ticket system has been on of the major things thats made me leave
warbleeder
Grafter

so heres the problem again BB been fine all day now 3 hours to download 1.5GB.........this is very bad and it is not what people are paying for..... your servers cant take the load from connections.... and how big is plusnet now?
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

downloading 1.5GB from where?
you could have the fastest connection in the world but you're still only going to get as fast as the server you are downloading from allows.
you can't blame every slow connection on the ISP.
warbleeder
Grafter

1.5GB was typo it was meant to say 145meg and the slow speeds are defiantly issue with plusnet or BT as this speed decrease was happening everyday between certain times