cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bye bye plus.net

Suicide
Dabbler

bye bye plus.net

Well after being a customer for only a month i am moveing back to good old BT.
From day 1 i have had problems and problem.
1. it taken them 2/3 weeks to get me connected to the internet, after doing tests and tests, its ended up not being jumped at the exchange.
surely you systeam can tell you if its jumped at the exchange or not.
2. my speed we way too slow and my download speed is a joke and most of the time even at off peek i onyl getting 40-80kps download speed.
When i questioned this. they said that they are looking into it, then posted a load of tech info (which i have no idea what it all means).
now they are asking me to test the faceplate to see if thats the problem and if so it will need replaceing.
Well when the boardband enginer come at to see what the problems was when i could not connect to the internet, he change that faceplate and tested it and he said it was fine
so it can not be the faceplate.
I am just fedup of doing tests, where your own systeam sould be able to tell you whats up or not,
So i am not going to do any more test because
Monday i am phoning up and asking for the MAC code so i can move back to BT
where i never had to do one tests or hand any problems with my speed in the 2 years i was with them.
I so wish i never found plus.net and i just wish i could get my money back for the router.
Thank god i only taken out a 30 day contract which i am happy to say is up.
Sorry but i have had a very bad time here and i will not be sorry in leaving.
111 REPLIES 111
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: bye bye plus.net

Quote from: Suicide
Well after being a customer for only a month i am moveing back to good old BT.
From day 1 i have had problems and problem.

Really sorry to hear you've been having so many problems! Sad
1. it taken them 2/3 weeks to get me connected to the internet, after doing tests and tests, its ended up not being jumped at the exchange.
surely you systeam can tell you if its jumped at the exchange or not.

Not specifically it can't, no. You initially raised a fault with us on the 17th Dec, we tested the line a couple of days after and the results suggested the possible existence of a fault. The problem is that the test results were also synonymous of problems that we see where customers have a voice fault or problem with their internal wiring. This is why you were asked to do the tests you did and why we sent out the replacement router. The tests we run are the same as the ones other BT Wholesale resellers use (including BT).
The first engineer visit you had should have resulted in the problem being fixed but by the sounds of things the engineer wasn't hugely well versed in the workings of broadband. The second engineer failed to turn up which I do apologise for despite it being somewhat out of our control. As you're aware, the third engineer managed to fix the fault earlier this month. I've certainly no problem crediting your account for the downtime you suffered if you'd like me to?
2. my speed we way too slow and my download speed is a joke and most of the time even at off peek i onyl getting 40-80kps download speed.

Your IP profile is set to 1250kbps at BT Wholesale's side. This equates to a maximum download speed of about 150kB/s. Looking at your line characteristics, I'd expect you to be connecting at much higher speeds.
When i questioned this. they said that they are looking into it, then posted a load of tech info (which i have no idea what it all means).
now they are asking me to test the faceplate to see if thats the problem and if so it will need replaceing.
Well when the boardband enginer come at to see what the problems was when i could not connect to the internet, he change that faceplate and tested it and he said it was fine
so it can not be the faceplate.
I am just fedup of doing tests, where your own systeam sould be able to tell you whats up or not,

Unfortunately it's not as easy as that. I think I can see what the problem is though. Your downstream SNR is huge which will be forcing your sync speed down. Your line rate is also way below what's know as your 'Fault Threshold Rate' which means BT Wholesale would immediately consider your line to be at fault (assuming all the local tests have been completed).
So i am not going to do any more test because
Monday i am phoning up and asking for the MAC code so i can move back to BT
where i never had to do one tests or hand any problems with my speed in the 2 years i was with them.

The problem deinfitely seems to be due to something outside of our network so migrating back to BT is not guaranteed to resolve your problem and you may find that you have to start from scratch raising a fault and answering all the diagnostic questions again.
What I would like to do for you is firstly reset your ten day training period and drop the SNR back to the default level. This should hopefully see your line rate increase substantially with your download speed following suit a few days later. If this doesn't work (which hopefully it will) then we can get a fault raised with BT again. At the very least I'd recommend you let us try the former suggestion as it can be done in an hour or so?
So how's about it? Can we try one last time to get your line speed problems resolved?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

The BT "Engineer" wasn't hugely well versed in the workings of braodband, Bob?  Oh how we laughed!  Please see below:
Connection dropping and precluding me from using the BB. I will be raising the second ISPA complaint!! Where is Jameseh when U need him!!
Your service leaves much to be desired and I may well require my MAC code before much longer!
Your comment 6:19pm, Saturday 9th January 2010
BTW don't even think about blaming BT, you are part of BT!! !!!!!
Your comment 10:42pm, Saturday 9th January 2010
Now unable to connect / maintain connection. Is this going to b another month without BB? If so pse supply MAC code and I will try elsewhere!
****************  BOT - DSL Logged Faults 4:12pm, Sunday 10th January 2010

****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 4:15pm, Sunday 10th January 2010
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
T****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 4:16pm, Sunday 10th January 2010
The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Wednesday 13th January at 4:00pm. This ticket will remain open with the BOT - DSL Logged Faults - No Syn until this time.
Script User Automated Script Pool 4:35pm, Sunday 10th January 2010
The Question 31128840 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - DSL Logged Faults - No Syn
Your fault Ticket has now been taken off hold.
This has now been forwarded to the relevant support team. We will carry on investigating your problem and your open fault will be updated as soon as more information is available.

[INTERNAL]
Ticket now off hold. Please action.
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 4:36pm, Sunday 10th January 2010
Dear Mr ****************,
As discussed, I want to discuss these issues further with you. We are now investigating the fault as "dropping connection" rather than no synch.
I'll discuss the other issues with you when we speak tomorrow.
BT are indeed our owners, but BT Wholesale and PlusNet are not the same company. Either way, we don't like to blame our supplier for any problems as it's our job to get them to solve issues such as this.
Kind regards,
INTERNAL: call tomorrow on mobile.
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 3:42pm, Monday 11th January 2010
INTERNAL:
Comment added by supplier: 15 - Please resolve this issue directly with your customer.Please reject the clear if you require an SFI visit and book the appointment via your usual system interaction with BTW.
Engineer probably required. Will check BBCR and ring eu back shortly. .
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 3:48pm, Monday 11th January 2010
INTERNAL: Spoke with EU. Confirmed latest. Rej Clr. To check for AA later today or to get someone to chase this tomorrow.
Your comment 7:40am, Tuesday 12th January 2010
Please let me know reference "Engineer" visit soonest. Please note that this will be the third 1/2 day off work I have had to accommodate "Engineer" visits.
Your comment 10:57am, Tuesday 12th January 2010
2nd ISPA complaint raised as no contact from PN last night or this morning reference another BT "Engineer" visit!
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 11:55am, Tuesday 12th January 2010
I have tried to call you today on both mobile and landline but you were not available so I have left a message on both. We need to book an engineer to resolve the issue on your line and they will also need to visit your premises as part of the process. The engineer will know exactly what to do so there should not be any delays in getting this done. Please let us know when you are available and I will get this booked for you.
The earliest appointment slot is tomorrow Weds 13th Jan 8am - 1pm but please provide at least two slots just in case.
Kind regards,
** INTERNAL **
Left VM on mobile and landline.
Rang Interventions for next step which is to get engineer to resolve d-side change as per previous notes. They will need access as well. Fault is in correct status so check FP2 later / call SMC to book manually when times are provided.
[Sms Message: I have tried to call you today but you were not available so I have left a message. We need to book an engineer to resolve the issue on your line and they will also need to visit your premises as part of the process. Please let us know when you are available and I will get this booked for you. Many thanks.]
Your comment 12:27pm, Tuesday 12th January 2010
I will be available for a visit at the following times:
13 Jan 10 13:00 - 18:00
14 Jan 10 13:00 - 18:00
15 Jan 10 13:00 - 18:00
Please advise which slot soonest.
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 5:38pm, Tuesday 12th January 2010
As discussed, an appointment has been booked for:
Weds 13th Jan between 1pm - 6pm
Please let us know how the engineer's visit goes, or tell us if the appointment isn't suitable for you. If it is we can reschedule it for another day/time.
Kind regards,
Your comment 6:01pm, Wednesday 13th January 2010
Sent from mobile phone as still no BB after 4 so called BT Engineer visits! Waste of 1/2 day at cost of £58.28.
Will back brief PN tomorrow from work connection and submit 3rd ISPA complaint form.
Your comment 8:39am, Thursday 14th January 2010
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 11:55am, Tuesday 12th January 2010:
"We need to book an engineer to resolve the issue on your line and they will also need to visit your premises as part of the process. The engineer will know exactly what to do so there should not be any delays in getting this done."
Oh how we laughed!!
The "Engineer" who visited was the same one who visited 23rd Dec 09.
He was unaware of the previous visit on the 7th Jan 09, and did not have access to the previous "Engineer"'s notes!
He actually had to ask me the EU which LEDs on the router would normally be lit!
When asked about the D side change you refered to he siad he didn't know if he could do this.
Came into the house and did exactly what he did on his visit on the 23rd Dec 09. He could not get sync on his kit.
He then went to look at the cabinet as he did previously and on his return said it was working from the cabinet.
Tested again from bare wires in behind the test skt and said there was an insulation issue just under 600 meters from the cabinet towards the house.
He then said that another visit would be required, although I already knew this as he had been taking personal calls on his mobile and had told someone that he would be home at 17:15Hrs.
He also said that a morning visit would be best because of the light conditions. Had he gone straight to the cabinet it would still have been daylight, but if he is not going to turn up till 15:30Hrs and then repeat the tests he had already done (presumably to waste some of the 2 hours BT allocate to a faul!) then I'm not surprised it was getting dark.
I do hope you realise that I have already taken 3 1/2 days off work at a cost of £58.28 per 1/2 day. If you are arranging a visit then tomorrow ALL day will be fine as long as I know this morning so I can tee this up with my line management!
For your information:
ISPA Complaints Procedure:
8.3.5 Once a second complaint has been made, the Member shall either offer a solution to the Complainant or advise the Complainant that deadlock has been reached and to contact the appropriate ADR scheme for adjudication.
Your comment 8:47am, Thursday 14th January 2010
For your Information, I have submitted a first ISPA complaint against BT!
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 12:13pm, Thursday 14th January 2010
INTERNAL:
Esc Ref 195675
D side to be changed.
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 12:24pm, Thursday 14th January 2010
INTERNAL: Booked for tomorrow AM for D-Side change.
Your comment 1:06pm, Friday 15th January 2010
From my mobile as this is my only internet connection at home. It is now past 13:00Hrs and the BT 'Engineer' has not turned up and I have had no phone call or other contact from BT. (And still no BB!) This whole sorry debacle has cost me 4 half days off work, which amounts to in excess of £215. I am now getting extremely angry!
Your comment 1:12pm, Friday 15th January 2010
From my mobile as this is my only internet connection at home. It is now past 13:00Hrs and the BT 'Engineer' has not turned up and I have had no phone call or other contact from BT. (And still no BB!) This whole sorry debacle has cost me 4 half days off work, which amounts to in excess of £215. I am now getting extremely angry!
Tony Thompson BOT - DSL Logged Faults 1:32pm, Friday 15th January 2010
I'm looking into this now. I'll give you more information as I get it.
Kind regards,
[Sms Message: I'm looking into this now. I'll give you more information as I get it.]
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 1:49pm, Friday 15th January 2010
As discussed, I expect more details on these matters shortly. BT say an engineer is working on it now. I'll give them a ring back shortly to chase it up again to ensure he turns up.
Kind regards,
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 2:19pm, Friday 15th January 2010
The engineer has been called and he is working on the D / E side at the exchange. I've been told he will be at your premises within the next 15 minutes. I'll call you back shortly.
Kind regards,
[Sms Message: The engineer has been called and he is working on the D / E side at the exchange. I've been told he will be at your premises within the next 15 minutes. I'll call you back shortly.]
Your comment 3:22pm, Friday 15th January 2010
From my mobile as this is still my only internet connection at home. The BT 'Engineer' has and gone. Notwistanding your assurance that the same idiot as last time would NOT attend, he did! He still does not know which LEDs on the router should be lit! He now says nothing more can be done, asked how good my mobile connection is, and suggested I would be better off with a mobile dongle! This whole sorry debacle has now cost me 5 half days off work, which amounts to in excess of £275. I am now getting extremely angry! I am also taking further action - being ex armed forces and currently a civil servant my address book is large and influential!
Your comment 3:23pm, Friday 15th January 2010
From my mobile as this is still my only internet connection at home. The BT 'Engineer' has and gone. Notwistanding your assurance that the same idiot as last time would NOT attend, he did! He still does not know which LEDs on the router should be lit! He now says nothing more can be done, asked how good my mobile connection is, and suggested I would be better off with a mobile dongle! This whole sorry debacle has now cost me 5 half days off work, which amounts to in excess of £275. I am now getting extremely angry! I am also taking further action - being ex armed forces and currently a civil servant my address book is large and influential!
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 4:21pm, Friday 15th January 2010
Dear ****************,
AS discussed, engineer will visit tomorrow until the job is done. Booked for Am slot.
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 2:52pm, Saturday 16th January 2010
[internal]
Called SMC and awaiting **************** to speak to OR to confirm engineer findings today as task closed, still no connections in RADIUS since 11th.
Kind regards,
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 3:52pm, Saturday 16th January 2010
As discussed I'm really sorry the way your fault is going and the fact you didn't hear from the engineer that was booked today and the lack of work done with your line.
I have now forwarded all these details to our contact at BT, so we will continue to check for updates and advise further.
In the meantime I have placed a order to move you onto a fixed 512k service as discussed, to see if this helps with the stability of the line at all. This should complete on 19/01/10 but we will chase in the meantime.

[internal]
ref: 1-TLTGDX
Kind regards,
Your comment 9:22am, Monday 18th January 2010
****************BOT - DSL Logged Faults 4:21pm, Friday 15th January 2010
Dear Mr ****************
AS discussed, engineer will visit tomorrow until the job is done. Booked for Am slot.
Oh how we (very nearly) cried!
No tel con from BT on Saturday, NO visit to my premises. However my wife did spot the IDIOT "Engineer" working some 600 meters from the cabinet at approx 12:30Hrs.
Now getting totally ****ed off! Maybe it is company policy to ask customers to move to mobile broadband? It certainly seems to be BT policy!
Come on ****,  what is going on here?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DawnRider,
I'm afraid there's no news on the fault at present though I'll chase that for an update too. In the mean time the order to move you to the 512k service is still progressing and is due for tomorrow.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: Bob
You initially raised a fault with us on the 17th Dec, we tested the line a couple of days after and the results suggested the possible existence of a fault.

So............. someone "slacking" then....??  " we tested the line a couple of days after "    Why did it take " a couple of days" before the line was tested?  No wonder customers get angry, when this sort of thing happens.....
(17th December 2009 was a Thursday)
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Hi Matt,  I took stats before work this morning and amended my ticket: as follows
Tony for info, I took these stats from my router this morning before work:
DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 1 day, 6:58:49
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 160  Cry  Cry  Cry
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 9.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 11.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 31.5 / 63.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 12.0 / 8.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 4,964 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 491 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 11,017 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 1 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 85 / 465,494
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 57 / 67,133
With an Uptime: 1 day, 6:58:49 I don't know if it is such a good idea to go down the fixed 512Kbps route now.
Please let me know what's happening, especially if another (or should I say a REAL Engineer) visit is required.  Crazy
My current download speed is 1.7Kbps.  It is not fast enough to run the BT speed test!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@shutter as has been mentioned before there's a backlog on tickets at the moment. This is affecting the response times.
@DawnRider The order to move to 512k should complete tomorrow, this should stabilise the connection and improve the download speeds. Until that completes I'm afraid there's not a lot we can do.
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

After so-called BT Engineer visits on 23rd Dec 09,  7th Jan 10, 13 Jan 10, 15th Jan 10, 16th Jan 10 the conclusion was that:
a.  There was an insulation issue 600 meters downstream of the cabinet towards my house.
b.  The box on the outside of my house may require looking at
c.  If I have a good mobile connection I should get a mobile broadband dongle.  (BT "Engineer" words not mine!)
If they have found a fault 600 meters from the cabinet, why haven't they fixed it?
If they need to look at the box on the outside of my house, why haven't they looked at it?
I have a good mobile connection so BT are telling me I don't need Plusnet or BT just get a dongle and use O2 my mobile provider!
In light of the above I fail to see what switching to a fixed 512Kbps connection will do to fix an insulation fault!  Crazy
Suicide
Dabbler

Hi bob, sorry about the rant. its just all doing my head in.
I agree to give you one last time to see if the line speed is fixed after you reset the ten day training period and drop the SNR back to the default level
So i am happy to give it some more time.
But if its not sorted soon then i will have to move.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I've just reset your training period so keep an eye on things and let me know if you see any significant improvements...
adie:quote

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Well they tried to up my connection speed (448 up / 160 down with an actual download of 1.7Kbps) and guess what?  That's right now lost sync.  Meanwhile the insulation issue 600 meters from cabinet is......................... Crazy  Cry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DawnRider,
Well from what you're saying, and from the engineer notes, the wiring is physically damaged. If that's the case, is the phone line noisy? That's what we'd expect if there's damage on the line, and the fastest way to get that fixed is to report a fault with your phone line. We can progress this via the broadband fault (and indeed will have to if the phone line isn't noisy) but it'll have to be escalated within BT and will take a lot longer to do the same thing.
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Hi Matt, no there is no noise on the line.  The second BT "Engineer" to visit (not the "get yourself a dongle" idiot!) said that there was about a one volt PD measurasble on the line.  He also was able to say that the insulation problem was approx 600 meters down from the cabinet.  He also said that it may be worthwhile looking at the line where it entered my property. 
If BT knew all this on the 7th Jan 10 why does it need to be escalated? 
Why is it not fixed? 
Why have they persisted in sending the same guy (the "get yourself a dongle" idiot!)  out again on the 13th, 15th, and 16th when he himself has said that he can do no more and doesn't know enough about Broadband?
Do I now take PN as my ISP through the small claims court for loss of earnings or do I take BT?
These are the questions!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: DawnRider
The second BT "Engineer" to visit (not the "get yourself a dongle" idiot!) said that there was about a one volt PD measurasble on the line.  He also was able to say that the insulation problem was approx 600 meters down from the cabinet.  He also said that it may be worthwhile looking at the line where it entered my property. 
If BT knew all this on the 7th Jan 10 why does it need to be escalated? 

Unfortunately when an engineer visits the premises they don't get all of the fault notes, so may not be aware of what's been done previously. We realise this isn't ideal but haven't been able to do anything about it I'm afraid.
Why is it not fixed? 

For the same reason as the above I suspect.
Why have they persisted in sending the same guy (the "get yourself a dongle" idiot!)  out again on the 13th, 15th, and 16th when he himself has said that he can do no more and doesn't know enough about Broadband?

Which engineers are sent out depends on which engineers are available in the area.
Do I now take PN as my ISP through the small claims court for loss of earnings or do I take BT?

Well strictly speaking if you're using a residential account for business purposes you're breaking our terms and conditions, so I wouldn't recommend any legal proceedings to be honest.
As regards the fault, I believe you've had a call from one of our faults agents today (who has a personal ticket on your account in order to manage the fault), BT are carrying out a tie pair modify which may make a difference. It may not as I suspect it'll be the same wires, but I'll remind the agent of this so he can have a chat with BT regarding what should be done.
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Matt,  the loss of earnings is through having to take 23rd Dec 09 - 1/2 day,  7th Jan 10 - 1/2 day,  13th Jan 10 - 1/2 day 15th Jan 10 - All day as he didn't turn up in the morning,  15th Jan 10 - most of day as he didn't turn up till 15:10Hrs, 16th Jan 10 - All day as he was supposed to stay as long as it took to fix it, but didn't even phone let alone visit!  I should not have to take time off work again and again while some incompetent part trained apology for an "Engineer" wastes the two hours allocated by Openreach in repeating the tests he did the previous visit! 
(Gasket now fully blown!)
I am aware I'm on a residential contract!
And NO I have not had a call from one of your agents today, just like the call BT said I had on Saturday, which I can assure you didn't happen either!  Perhaps I should ask O2 / BT for my phone records?