Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bandwidth blocks

techguy
Grafter

bandwidth blocks

Hi
It would be very handy to be able to purchase a block of bandwidth (say 2 GB) without this having an effect on next months DD although I do think that the option to change the usage allowance as is should reamin.
This would be achieved allowing the customer to purchse their block of bandwidth through the member centre using a card therefore the transaction could be immediately authorised and the bandwidth added automatically, this would also mean that any throttling would be removed (i'm assuning this is applied by the network management system in conjunction with the billing system automatically)
Would also be a good idea to be able to change packages automatically, thus freeing staff from what must be a boring job and allowing the new package to be available immediately to the customer.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: bandwidth blocks

Just change your option from fixed cost to PAYG then fix the maximum cost.
I assume you can alter that at will
techguy
Grafter

Hi Jim
Yes that is an option but what I'm referring to is the ability to pay for the bandwidth from another funding source such as a credit card if needed as some cards you get cashback on  Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Have things changed.
I thought that unless you had the phone from Plusnet you could pay the whole bill by credit card
techguy
Grafter

I have home phone too (to support the line the ADSL is on, it really irks me that I have to have voice service I don't use thanks to BT's policy) and so I really want to leave the fixed cost exactly that and any bandwidth I need in addition to the amount I have set I would like to be able to buy  separately when required as my usage changes month to month.
You understand where I'm coming from now?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I think so - although I think the cost to PlusNet of adding that facility via credit card wouldn't be too attractive given the % taken by the credit card company on such a small amount
The BRC says customers do not realise how much retailers are charged for processing card payments. On average, a retailer is charged two pence for processing a cash transaction while the charge for a credit card is 34 pence and, for a debit card, eight pence. These costs are too high for retailers to absorb and are inevitably passed on to customers in the form of higher prices.
http://www.brc.org.uk/details04.asp?id=1360
techguy
Grafter

Up to the finance department at PN I suppose.
Though I do say this, they support American Express as a payment method who reportedly take around 3 percent (higher than Mastercard or Visa) so I dare say they can build it in.
Just a suggestion though