cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

net usgae browser widget

amcclean
Rising Star

net usgae browser widget

Could PN develop a plugin for IE7 and Mozilla toolbar etc. that would list the current users usage stats or even a vista sidebar gadget.
If you do develop this please DO NOT make it as annoying as the google bar etc. just a nice we plugin that displays the relevant info in toolbar area.
Podman  Cool
6 REPLIES 6
Thunderclap
Grafter

Re: net usgae browser widget

A great idea indeed <a thumbs up smilie please!!!>
Also on the Usage page, maybe 'average daily rate' and 'predicted monthly consumption' ? With email support to alert of any possible bandwidth overruns?
techguy
Grafter

one thing though, although miniscule, the widget or gadget would have to communicate with PN's servers using your bandwidth (I doubt they'd make an exception for it)
zubel
Community Veteran

http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/02/25/plusnet-our-software-development-location-strategy-and-oth...
Before I go, another very interesting development (for some) to come out of PlusNet’s Software Framework is the plan to open up parts of the Framework to our customers and the Internet user at large. Remember the massive spike in Facebook activity once they made the move to give access to their API so that 3rd party developers could add value to the site? (I blogged about this way back in July 2007) Well, we are currently working on doing something similar at PlusNet. So, an example might be that one of our customers feels that our “View My Broadband Usage” website tool doesn’t quite given them the features they are looking for. If that’s the case then they can just go ahead and build their own tool and share it with the rest of our customers. So it might be the case that someone would rather have a system tray application that gives them a real-time view of their data-usage in the current month; that’s fine, be our guest and build it. We’ll give access to the API calls that you need. Obviously with something like this customer data security is of the utmost importance, something we take extremely seriously as we know exactly what happens when you get things wrong in this area.

I'm going to take advantage of the API as soon as it's developed Smiley
B.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Totally missed that Barry but that's pretty exciting.
Who do we nag to speed it up?  Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mark
Grafter

Kelly D.
/hides
Grin
zubel
Community Veteran

Well, I already have a million ideas about client-side apps n' stuff. 
Just waiting on some FrameworkPlus releases :D:D
B.