cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad service

fletpablo
Grafter

bad service

really not happy with waiting over 1 Hour for Technical support its a regular occurrence when i first joined Plusnet there was 24 hour Support and now you have cut the this , i was told the reason you are cutting 24 hour support so this will increase less waiting time it seems  you are just making excuses and not really telling us customers  the who;le truth here hps have tried your on line support pretty poor they tell me to phone
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: bad service

I'm sorry about the wait fletpablo,
We have nothing to hide and the changes to support hours were made mainly as we were seeing a reduced level of calls coming in overnight.
Please just let us know if there's anything we can pick up and help you with via here.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: plusnettony
We’ve taken the decision to have more staff answering calls during peak times, when customers need it most, as the number of people that call between 10pm and 7.30am is extremely small. Increasing our resources during the most busy periods should reduce call waiting times and we anticipate that, rather than being detrimental, the changes will improve service for our customers.

Adam, you forgot to mention the bit about reducing call waiting times and that these changes should improve customer service, as per the quote above. I would have thought that was a far more pertinent point to make about the change rather than just stating it was because you were seeing a reduced level of calls overnight.
I suspect the reason that wouldn't want to be stated is because most people would probably think it is even harder to get through to Plusnet now than it was before the removal of 24/7 support.
I know you are just toeing the line Adam, but someone has to be held accountable if the words are meaningless, and I don't see anyone from upper management coming on the forums to state their case.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Yes when the decision to remove 24/7 customer services was made we were told it was to concentrate man power during peek call times during the Day , to reduce call wait times .
What changes have been made Huh  NONE in fact reading  here it has got gradually worse !

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We have nothing to hide and the changes to support hours were made mainly as we were seeing a reduced level of calls coming in overnight.

Surely the staff working at nights were not idly sitting waiting for callers. There was a ticket system that meant less urgent issues could be dealt with at quiet times. Now there is no night shift and tickets are discouraged and even when raised left to linger for days awaiting attention. Result - more customers on the phone at peak times trying to get attention to their problems.
fletpablo
Grafter

You have hit the Nail on the head with your view that is exactly what is occurring since Plusnet have cut the 24 hour support
less hours of  support and more waiting time on the Phone  
mav:quote
fletpablo
Grafter

Quote from: rongtw
Yes when the decision to remove 24/7 customer services was made we were told it was to concentrate man power during peek call times during the Day , to reduce call wait times .
What changes have been made Huh  NONE in fact reading  here it has got gradually worse !

The Decision  to Cut back 24 hour service has caused more People to call during already a  busy day
I found 24 hour service much more  user Friendly to  communicate out of hours
the fact of the matter as it stands today you have cut 24 hour service and increased calling waiting time
this is a fact its your company decision to do this and either correct the status  quo as its quite clear of what has happened or have very unhappy customers waiting for over a hour
Money  Supermarket  has noted Plusnet as being bad on this issue its up  to the company to correct this bad service  Sad Sad Sad not just ask anything issue  i can do
jorvikmik
Grafter

I agree with the comments as I found on the odd occasion we had a problem it was more convenient and quicker to phone at night time.
Just wanting to check 2 of our accounts that have had no broadband since the 17th Jan and the third that is having to be used by all 3 users has dropped from about 6.5Mbps to 0.6 to 1.5 with btwholesale test reporting 0.0 - thinkbroadband test says 0 bursting to 0.1. Waiting times currently about 30 minutes. It's an exchange fault in the local town which affects just the plusnet customers and the 4 BT customers on this network are fine reporting 7Mbps.
At least one and possibly two of these accounts are going to be moved so that we can take advantage of bt seemingly having first call on openreach engineers.
Might have problems with this though as we will want to switch two accounts over to the other phone line before migrating one to BT. Anybody know which department handles that kind of thing without having to get in a 30 minute queue.
A fourth customer is looking to move due both to cost and similar service delays though she is the only one getting a good broadband connection (7Mbps).
The fifth plusnet customer on the island is just waiting for me to go check her installation and try a replacement router before raising a ticket though she also is thinking of changing to a cheaper service as she is a very light user.