cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appalling.

vinchu

appalling.

My internet was incorrectly 'take over' by yourself incorrectly on 27 Dec. That I have been advised by yourself that I need to speak with my correct PSTN provider Primus Saver to transfer the phone line back with them.
You had fixed it on 27 Dec by using our new installation, so that new line installation has been delayed. Both we have received no formal apologies or compensations.
Now my internet has been disconnected again, one of your colleague told me that my PSTN provider has taken over the line.
I have check with them they only transfer the telephone line over, but NOT internet. Primus Saver completed their work on 18th Jan, which my internet was still working up until 23rd Jan.
So now I have no internet since 23rd, as your have done something to cease it. Why?
I have rung you on Sat (25th) afternoon, waiting time over 30 mins, being transferred to customer option team that has no ability to check details as your part of system has broken down.
I have requested for a call back , but your agent said I need to call back - how does it work when your system has broken down and why you cannot accept a call back request? Such a waste of time.
There is also no update on the ticket "Question #80303776 - Your Feedback"
12 REPLIES 12
AndyH
Grafter

Re: appalling.

Slightly confused - were you migrating from PlusNet to Primus? Do you not have a scheduled transfer date for the broadband?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I think you need to check with Primus if the phone line has been unbundled (LLU) or is still connected to the BT Wholesale system (WLR).
If the line is LLU, then you have been disconnected from the the BT system that Plusnet use to provide broadband by migrating your phone service.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It is looking very much like Primus have placed an LLU cease - there's nothing we can do about that ceasing the broadband I'm afraid. I'm also not sure whether we could reprovide the broadband if it is indeed an LLU line but happy to give it a go if you're keeping that part of the service with us?
vinchu

So now the only emails I had are
- Your alias was deleted
- Your Plusnet Protect service has been cancelled (!!)
I certainly did not authorised this, AGAIN, this is what plusnet can do, cutting customer working phones and cancelling ppl off *WITHOUT* noticing customer
So I now have no ability to login customer portal, called at least three times with your staff staying you can see customer files as YOUR SYSTEMS ARE DOWN (!!) and asked to call back.
Also this will cause me addition 30 quid for non-standard cancellation.
If you guys can do the job correctly on Dec 2013 without terminating my line incorrectly, will this mess happen?
So you have left your client with mess as always.
vinchu

My service with you has always been line Internet ONLY
Plusnet cut out my line on 27 Dec 2013 in correctly, then your staff as me to tell primus to transfer the line back to them, so I did.

Quote from: Matt
Hi there,
It is looking very much like Primus have placed an LLU cease - there's nothing we can do about that ceasing the broadband I'm afraid. I'm also not sure whether we could reprovide the broadband if it is indeed an LLU line but happy to give it a go if you're keeping that part of the service with us?
pwatson
Rising Star

I'm really not sure why you think this is Plusnet's fault, or indeed what your current setup is.
Questions:
Prior to December -
Who did you have your line rental with?
Who provided your broadband?
Now -
Who do you have your line rental with?
Who provides your broadband?
vinchu

So now I have no access to your portal and have rung at least three times to Plusnet, while your customer service told me to to call back.

Complaint is now logged with CISAS
Thank you for submitting your application online. Please send all supporting evidence within the next 5 days, by using only ONE of the following options:
Email: info@cisas.org.uk
Fax: 020 7520 3829
Post: CISAS, The International Dispute Resolution Centre, 70 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1EU.
Your online reference number is: 41140

Quote from: vinchu
So now the only emails I had are
- Your alias was deleted
- Your Plusnet Protect service has been cancelled (!!)
I certainly did not authorised this, AGAIN, this is what plusnet can do, cutting customer working phones and cancelling ppl off *WITHOUT* noticing customer
So I now have no ability to login customer portal, called at least three times with your staff staying you can see customer files as YOUR SYSTEMS ARE DOWN (!!) and asked to call back.
Also this will cause me addition 30 quid for non-standard cancellation.
If you guys can do the job correctly on Dec 2013 without terminating my line incorrectly, will this mess happen?
So you have left your client with mess as always.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Your account has been closed as we've received notification that your services have been moved to a different provider.
If you'd like, I can allow you access to your account should you require any information from it or would like to raise a ticket with us?
pwatson
Rising Star

Responders in this thread have tried to help you and have suggested that this is down to method that Primus have used to provide your phone service.  I asked some question a week ago to try and help get to the bottom of what's gone wrong which remain unanswered...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Your phone number and your line are not the something.
PlusNet and other ISPs provide broadband and voice over BT Wholesale services.  When a subscriber moves their voice service to a supplier who uses LLU to deliver that service, the BT Wholesale services are ceased by BT Wholesale irrespective of who provides those services without reference to those providers.
It is not much different to what happens with BT Retail provided phone service on a line that has BB provisioned by a different ISP when he BT billing details are changed to (say) a surviving spouse.  The voice service gets cancelled and re provisioned in the new name AND BTw consequentially cease the BB service.
This is not the fault of PlusNet, it is a direct consequence of changing phone providers and the way BTw manage that change.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@vinchu
Can you confirm that you are compliant with the Plusnet terms and conditions (specifically 1.4):
[quote=http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html#broadband_family]Plusnet Broadband Family service terms
What we provide

[list type=decimal]
  • The service we agree to give you includes:
    [list type=decimal]
  • a high-speed network access to the internet;

• helpdesk services; and

• other applications and features as described at http://www.plus.net/broadband.

• You will need to have a Plusnet or BT telephone line to enable you to receive your Plusnet Broadband service.

• jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
       Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
    Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
    Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
    Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
    Apprentice
    Grafter

The trouble for the average punters is that they are not aware of the foibles of LLU connections i.e. MPF and SMPF
    http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/llu/mpf/mpf.do
    http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/migration.htm#migration_WBC_SMPF_MPF_LLU