cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

allowance

barr1941

allowance

I have found Plusnet to be ok generally speaking, but I think they are a bit mean compared to quite a few other providers
as to only 10mb maximum usage per month.
Jim Barr.
5 REPLIES 5
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: allowance

Should it not read 10GB/month?
jim:quote
TicnTac
Grafter

Welcome to the forums Smiley
I think 10Mb is right, that's about as much as you can download on a bad line? Wink  Grin
Problem with usage / bandwidth, it is like gold dust, it is the most precious commodity when it comes to the Internet, because of that, it is one of the most expensive elements of the Internet. Due to shareholders and profit margins, this is normally what is squeezed and left short when it comes down to the customer, and of course, the customer always wants more, to get more, you have to pay for more.........simples really Smiley
It is unfair, I think for who Plusnet are, the basic package should be at least 20Gb if not 30Gb to make the Internet more usable, and affordable, plus I think they over charge for over usage.........if you're on ADSL which being with Plusnet you are, then if you really want more, you'll have to either
a) find an ISP that gives more for less,
or
b) pay more!
...........or take over BT and provide free Internet access to all loyal Plusnet customers Smiley With of course unlimited usage! Smiley
Never going to happen, although maybe in the future as the Internet is changing and the way the normal consumer is changing his/her browsing/surfing habits, then a greater usage allowance will be come the norm. - However, by the time that happens, that won't be enough either!  Grin
Budget carefully - download and update during the free period, turn off your home page, - take care of your kilobytes and the gigabytes will take care of themselves - to apply a very old cliche to a modern time lol  Roll_eyes
Enjoy!
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: barr1941
I have found Plusnet to be ok generally speaking, but I think they are a bit mean compared to quite a few other providers
as to only 10mb maximum usage per month.
Jim Barr.

You have to remember that the usage is only between 8am and midnight - you do get 8 hours "unlimited" per day - not as good as it used to be (4pm - midnight thus giving you 16 hours free).
Re comments for over-usage - I think we've been through this many times and whilst there is a minimum of £5 =5G (used to be £1 = 1G) per month with no carry-over whilst it is pricey based on the minimum cost, in terms of the actual pricing it is reasonable.  If it happened on a regular basis; you would certainly be better off moving to a different package (value - extra or whatever results in a no extra cost but a further 40GB)
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Why not increase the allowance to say 15 or 20GB per month.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

why not change your package from Value  @ 10G to Extra @ 60G a much more sensible route