Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero communication/

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Zero communication/

After reporting a fault last Sunday with my fibre speed  BT OR engineer rocked up at my front door about 2.30 yesterday afternoon. He did his checks and after fitting a new combined master socket and line reset went on his merry way, job done.

Now, here's the rub. If he had been 10 minutes later there would have been nobody at home and no doubt Plusnet would have tried to debit me £60 for not being there. Could be a nice little earner there. Take note Plusnet, don't advise your customer that an appointment has been set up then let BT OR appear at the address unexpectedly and nobody is at home.

So would someone at Plusnet care to explain why no hint of this appointment was relayed to me, their customer?

Last entry to the open ticket. 15th Nov. "Question [ 161879494 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon. "

That's all except for two further tickets re my contact this morning re the Hub One.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Zero communication/

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a fault with your service.

Now, here's the rub. If he had been 10 minutes later there would have been nobody at home and no doubt Plusnet would have tried to debit me £60 for not being there. Could be a nice little earner there. Take note Plusnet, don't advise your customer that an appointment has been set up then let BT OR appear at the address unexpectedly and nobody is at home.

So would someone at Plusnet care to explain why no hint of this appointment was relayed to me, their customer?

In fairness we didn't know the engineer would be visiting. Our tests detected a potentially external fault which we reported through to our suppliers as an external task.

From time to time, if an engineer is out on the job and thinks they'll need access to your property, they'll usually try to contact you instead of passing the job back to us to book an appointment as that can delay things.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this caused you.

Last entry to the open ticket. 15th Nov. "Question [ 161879494 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon. "

Our faults team aim to pick up a ticket within 72 hours.

Are you experiencing any problems following the engineer visit?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

There was no major inconvenience and speed has been back to normal since his visit.Thumbs_Up Mk3? faceplate fitted and line reset seems to have worked.

He was, however, surprised I didn't know.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I’m glad to hear you’re back up to speed.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet