cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another unhappy potential customer.... infact i want to cancel!

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Yet another unhappy potential customer.... infact i want to cancel!

Your account has been activated which means that your service is now with us. As you have connected your router before the account activated you may need to complete a Factory Reset on the router for the auto-setup to complete. If you'd prefer, you can run through the Setup Wizard from within the routers interface, as guided in the handbook.
If you're having problems finding how to do this, please follow these steps:
1. Visit http://192.168.1.254
2. Login with the following details:
Username: admin
Password: CPXXXXXXXX (Your serial number - all in CAPS)
3. Click on 'Technicolor Gateway' and locate 'Pick a task'
4. Select the 'Setup my Technicolor Gateway' option
5. Select 'Next' > Plusnet > Username: username@plusdsl.net (username = your Plusnet account username) Password: Your Plusnet account password
6. click 'Next' > then click 'Start'
You should now see a screen that says "Configuring your Technicolor Gateway, please wait..."
Give it 2-3 minutes, it should complete. Close the Internet page and re-open it and if there aren't any issues, you should be connected. Please note that it's preferred if you connect via an Ethernet Cable to do these steps. If you notice a flashing broadband light, please visit this page http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-no-sync/
what I cant understand BT group own PlusNet right? so why such a bloody pain in Butt, to do a changeover.. and charge you for it when its all one owner lol

We're part of the BT Group but we're not given any preferential treatment, the same way as any other ISP who utilise the BT Network.
If there's anything further issues, please let us know and we'd be happy to help Smiley