cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another cancellation

BBTech

Yet another cancellation

Well done PlusNet  >:(, I will be cancelling my services with you first thing in the morning as you have now closed your call centre. Totally unacceptable service and it hasn't even started, I replied to your ticket the same day regarding being unable to transfer the number from my current supplier to tell you to apply a new number, yet it has sat there for 4 days with no reply and after calling provisioning. PlusNet have decided my original installation date now can not be met and have pushed it 15 days later  :-\. I will definitely not be recommending you to anyone.
I can transfer my services to another supplier and arrange another BB supplier within that time. Looks like another lucky escape.
15 REPLIES 15
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Yet another cancellation

For the record, the call centre is not closed.  The cancellations team is not the call centre, which remains open 24x7x365 (or 366 in a leap year).
The cancellations unit is open 11 hours per day Monday to Friday and eight and a half hours on Saturdays.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Can this other supplier, (who is it?) confirm a definite installation date, or was that provisional, because the jumpering at the exchange etc has to be done by the same BT Openreach engineers that would do it for Plusnet. So I'd like to know how the hell they can get it done quicker and Plusnet can't.
I'd double check if I were you.
GeordieMark
Grafter

Grass is always greener...  Shocked
flexo1966
Grafter

Lucky you, I was 1 over the given time to cancel and they won't let me go without giving them £250.
I have now found a e-mail address for Andy Baker the CEO and have mailed him. They opened a ticket straight away but have already tried to wriggle out of it.
In fairness if you look around the internet everybody complains about all the isp's. This is my fourth isp and is by far the worst. It is behind the times, no mac o/s support, no family filter and by far the worst customer support (if you can call it that at all) I have come across. That is saying something as I came over from talktalk.
But I will continue to voice my disapproval untill I get released.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: flexo1966
Lucky you, I was 1 over the given time to cancel

Was this Plusnet's fault or yours ?
BBTech

Quote from: flexo1966
Lucky you, I was 1 over the given time to cancel and they won't let me go without giving them £250.
I have now found a e-mail address for Andy Baker the CEO and have mailed him. They opened a ticket straight away but have already tried to wriggle out of it.
In fairness if you look around the internet everybody complains about all the isp's. This is my fourth isp and is by far the worst. It is behind the times, no mac o/s support, no family filter and by far the worst customer support (if you can call it that at all) I have come across. That is saying something as I came over from talktalk.
But I will continue to voice my disapproval untill I get released.

That's whom i'm going with as I have only had 1 issue in about 15 years that I could not sort out myself and that was due to noise on the line from BT which they refused to sort out as my BB was with another supplier.
And yes it is a definitive date the 5th.
Anotherone
Champion

Good luck, come back and tell us if it happened OK.
BBTech

It will do as Talk Talk use there own networks not BTOR/BTW all there own equipment has been put into the exchanges.
dick:quote
Anotherone
Champion

You think I don't know that Roll_eyes  Who do you think has to do the jumpering of your LLU connection at the exchange Huh Who still has to repair the same wires as you use for Plusnet, the ones BT wouldn't fix Shocked   You reported your noise on the line in the wrong way. The last thing you do is mention to your Voice supplier that it's affecting your broadband!
BBTech

That took place at another address (and a big surprise after 3 months of trying to get it resolved) I moved to Talk Talk and the noise with all the problems resolved themselves immediately. Funny how the btor engineer couldn't work it out.
dick:quote
picbits
Rising Star

I suspect some of the faults are sometimes post BT exchange which is why a move to TalkTalk sometimes solves the issue. I also suspect that sometimes whoever is looking into the fault at BT may not have enough experience to spot faults that are further downstream as appeared to happen with a recent customer who had what appeared to be REIN issues which suddenly vanished after a move to a different provider.
I will say though that if the fault is post exchange/cabinet then sticking with a friendlier ISP such as PN or AAISP will make getting the problems solved a much less stressful experience.
BBTech

Quote from: Anotherone
Good luck, come back and tell us if it happened OK.

Just a quick note to say engineer turned up at 8:10 this morning up and running by 8:40 Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

And by the way, that would have been a BTOR engineer or one of their sub-contractors Wink
btw your previous noise issue may have been either at the exchange or your premises which was resolved by the change over or possibly when Openreach was doing other cable repair jobs, as mentioneded before, it' still OR that looks after your line Sad
Since I don't know what deal you negotiated with TalkTalk, did you have to pay anything upfront to get connected?
As you've had a bad experience here, perhaps you should complain to OFCOM about the fact that Openreach seems to be giving priority to LLU providers like TalkTalk and putting providers like Plusnet to the back of the queue  Huh
slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Talktalk!!! I'd rather have no internet! I have a few friends and family with them and they are utter carp.