cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anybody there? Hello? HELLO?

OneMoreOne

Is there anybody there? Hello? HELLO?

I'm a new customer to PlusNet and I am, so far, rather surprised at it's ratings against the competition. This might be because I've always used a small ISP based in Bracknell whose support is exemplary compared to this lot.
I could bore you with the sorry tale of cock-up after cock-up with a simple phone+broadband provision where I was taking over exactly the same set-up as the previous occupants. I might indulge myself in that rant some other time. However, right now my issue is with support response times. Plusnet promise a whole range of  quality customer responses including 'keeping me up to date with progress by email and text'. In practice, hardly any of these has appeared and any question I pose via the 'Help Assistant' gets answered in a minimum of 3 days. In consequence, I find myself on the phone to them a lot. That route does produce some answers but is very time consuming as the shortest I've had to wait for call pick-up is 15 minutes.
Is this what I am doomed to experience all the time because, if so, I'm outahere as soon as the initial contract expires?
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Is there anybody there? Hello? HELLO?

Rather than start a new thread - what the heck happened at 10.00 this morning to cause the horrible increase in call waiting times
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

We had a quick fire alarm! 
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

As opposed to a slow one  Grin
In Leeds or Sheffield
Slightly off topic question what is the normal ratio of call centre staff on duty between Leeds and Sheffield
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi OneMoreOne,
We are working really hard to reduce our support times across all channels as much as possible.
I know that you don't want to explain your problem on this forum, but did everything get resolved in the end?
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
OneMoreOne

Actually, I'm not shy about reporting the problem(s) in the forum - but it's too boring for others to read yet another rant. The specific unsolved issue is that my 'Home Phone' management panel is not active even though the line you supplied is working (and has been for a week). I've raised this twice and it's still unacknowledged, let alone dealt with
Plusnet puts a lot of effort into directing its customers to passive support mechanisms via the website but then don't respond to queries via that root. It's very irritating
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Principally, I do understand where you're coming from. This issue required manual intervention, and the channels which can input this are slow to respond at the moment.
However, I think I have fixed your account for you, if you don't mind checking?
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
OneMoreOne

Yes - that's now working.