cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another Ticket Delay

Laroc
Grafter

Yet another Ticket Delay

Like so many others I have now been waiting 36hrs for any kind of response to my ticket ( ID: 30516702 )
Unable to upload to new web site
When I first raised the ticket, the page stated something like "target - tickets closure within 4 hrs"
Oh great, I thought, this will soon be sorted..
Can I expect the same lack of response when my ADSL connection fails ?
6 REPLIES 6
nottsjohn

Re: Yet another Ticket Delay

In my experience - Yes. They set you a lot of hoops to jump through before taking action. The assumption is it's your kit that is somhow at fault. Just hope it don't happen. like you i have been with PN some time and was surprised when they took so long to take action with BT (I am on Home Phone as well, and as such have to rely on PN to raise faults with BT)
SparckZero
Grafter

With regards to ADSL faults, it's not really PlusNet's fault that they have to ensure the equipment at your end is not at fault - for example, if a BT engineer is called out and it turns out that your microfilter is faulty, BT will happily charge you a large (think it's over £100) amount of money for the pleasure.
I'm not sure about Home Phone faults, but I would imagine the same concept applies.
Laroc
Grafter

It seems to me that the "time to close tickets" announcement can be taken with a pinch of salt.
I have been working about a week on getting all the files etc ready for my new website.
Now I am ready to upload, all I get is FTP error messages.
Not impressed at all.
I already manage five other web sites with a Hosting Company so I thought I would take advantage of some free web space with PN
In hindsight, I should have paid for the space and had immediate access rather than this delay,
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I've tried logging into this via telnet too and I'm also seeing authentication problems, despite the webspace appearing to be active.
I've asked someone to look into it for you.
Laroc
Grafter

James, your interest is very much appreciated.
I thought it was odd I could access the site via a browser but not FTP.
Keep up the good work
tom:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I think it may have been your account I looked at earlier, it should all be working now correctly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.