cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another PlusNet comedy show.....

yozdag

Yet another PlusNet comedy show.....

Last year I moved into a flat that had no working phone line.....but for some reason on OR's system it showed as working.  Anyway, I clarified with PN that the OR engineer MUST turn up as I knew the line was dead.  OR decided not to turn up and just adopt the "computer says this" logic and assume they just needed a remote switch on. 
Result - wasted appointment, lost money (I am self employed) and still no working line - had to book another appointment.  I decided then not to let PN take the pee like that again.
Fast forward to now - just moved again and again I trusted PN to do a "good" job - this time I was ordering fibre and an appointment was booked for 15/04 PM (eventually - but that's another story lol).
Waited in all afternoon as instructed under penalty of the £50 "fine"........guess what - yep - No OR turned up.  No contact from OR or PN.  Only when I chased it at 7PM was I told that OR "couldn't find your address"....which I think is code for "they cut your job from the schedule but needed an excuse to type into the computer and we could not be bothered to let you know either way".
And PN wonder why their offer of a pro-rata daily credit on the fibre service I don't even have didn't make me jump for joy......
Ticket 67006131 if any PN staff can be bothered..... clock is ticking on this....very soon it could be bye bye PN......
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Yet another PlusNet comedy show.....

Hi there,
Really sorry about that. I'm afraid we've not got any more information about the missed engineer visit as yet but our provisioning team are chasing this for you now and will update you shortly on what's happening. We'll keep on top of it and make sure you're kept informed.
yozdag

Hi Matt,
Thanks for providing some update - its comical but that's the most info I have got out of PN so far.
But... sadly the manager callback I was promised before didn't happen...... and when I called again I was told that you have no explanation of why the mistake occurred and that you wasn't going to do anything other than book another appointment - oh and no compo for my lost wages either.....nice.
So its bye bye PN.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It seems to be a rock and a hard place job these days, talk to someone in the UK but they don't talk back, or talk to someone in a foreign call centre and you can't understand them and they don't understand you, so you go round in circles  Roll_eyes
yozdag

Grin
What a joke indeed......PN failed to install the service, ignore the complaint ticket, don't return calls as promised, refuse to compensate me for my lost wages but STILL want to charge me £90 to "cancel" the non-existent service.
Yeah, I'll file that bill in the bin thanks......
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi yozdag,
I'll make sure we get your raised complaint picked up and this should cover the issues you've raised. Sorry for the wait.
Chris
yozdag

Will that be in the same way that Matt told me that PN would "update you shortly on what's happening".......I heard nothing from PN at all.
Lost all faith in PN now - to coin an expression I am "outta here"  Smiley  - they only thing left to discuss is whether PN will to try and enforce a cancellation charge on me.....the costs of which will easily be dwarfed by the CISAS, OFCOM and ultimate small claims I will make (if they try)  Grin
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I understand your apprehension. I'll make sure we're in-touch today.