cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Price Increase?? Not This Time!

kjb
Dabbler

Yet Another Price Increase?? Not This Time!

So I get my monthly bill and it has increased from £28.99 a month to £37.98 a month. I check and find that the £8.99 a month 'discount' has ended and the best they can offer me is £31.98 a month.

With all the issues I have had in the past, including complete loss of internet service for SEVERAL WEEKS in 2017, they still have the nerve to increase the price!

Well guess what, I'm off back to TalkTalk, same package but undercut by a chunk and will be up and running by 31/10/18.

Adios.

5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Yet Another Price Increase?? Not This Time!

Hi @kjb,

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with our services and as a result wish to move providers. If you wish to discuss new deals and offers you can do by calling our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632, they are open:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Otherwise best of luck with your new provider.

kjb
Dabbler

Hi,

Nothing to do with the services, it's the cost increase which I find offensive.

I already spoke with your customer options team earlier today and the best they could offer was the same wired BB package that I have had for the past two years but at an increased cost of £31.98.

I can get a TalkTalk fibre package that gives me 3 times my current speed, the same add-on telephone package and a free, brand new higher spec router for £30 per month fixed for 18 months.

It's kind of a no-brainer and I think your customer options team may have lost the plot when it comes to retaining customers in a highly competitive market.

It is quite irritating to have to switch providers again and go through the hassle of changing the myriad of email contacts, but you really do not deserve any customer loyalty.

Kevin.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I am sorry to hear about this @kjb is that the best offer they said they can do?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@kjb wrote:

Nothing to do with the services, it's the cost increase which I find offensive.

Why do you find "offence" here?

It is exactly what you signed up to … services at £X for Y months and then £Z per month there after.

I do not disagree that there is madness in the pricing model, but being offended by your own decision making seems … odd!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kjb
Dabbler

I signed up for a written 12 month contract at a given price which included a discount.

That contract has just expired but Plusnet did not even have the courtesy to send an expiry reminder or invite me to renew the contract, they simply sent me the usual monthly bill by email, only this time the bill was bumped up by £8.99. That in itself I find offensive and poor business practice.

Added to that, the best offer they could give was £31.98 per month for a wire BB connection with a download speed of 9 MB/s at best, plus unlimited UK calls. That I also find offensive and uncompetitive

Anyway, my wrath is over since I have now switched to another service provider who have given me an upgrade to FTTC which will give me download speeds of 39-40 MB/s, plus unlimited UK calls all for £30 a month fixed for 18 months.