cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worse ISP Ever!!!

thongngo
Grafter

Worse ISP Ever!!!

Just wanted to say plusnet is the worse isp i've ever been with. straight from the start there was problem. then their the rip off small print terms and condition. It cost me £68 just to get out of the mess not to mention the starting fee and the lousy modem!
My download speed for the last 2 days have been about 5kB/s yes 5kB/s and from the start the highest it been up to is .5Meg! Plusnet said i have to let my line staberlise for the 10 days its been 2 weeks now and the speed is getting worse. No one knows.
When i try to leave after 3 days of active internet they told me they are going to charge me £70 and the actual start date for them is the day i registered with them. From there i have 7 days to cancel it if  i do not like it.
Let me get this right 7 days to cancel - start from the phone call when i registered + 4 days of modem delivery + 3/4 days to be activated to the interent. By that time you cannot cancel your product unless you pay to leave plusnet! what a lousy business...
I want to check out the service before i commit to them and thats what i got! A pay now please and leave us with more money!
Customer service is a joke!  Not helpfull and very stroppy! one of them even recommend me to the 20 meg with 80GB cap. There is a reason i want unlimited! because its unlimited I can do 80GB in 2 weeks! (if the internet is working that is)
Just to tell people and plusnet - Don't do it! Don't go with them!
Go with Be or vivaciti or someone do not go with plusnet!
I hATE PLUSNET! Sad Angry
dick:red All caps title changed as per forum rules
90 REPLIES 90
Mark
Grafter

Re: Worse ISP Ever!!!

Hi thongngo
I'm really sorry to hear that things seem to have gotten off to such a bad start. I'm assuming from the contents of your post that this has beena brand new provide. I'm keen to know what steps you have been through with our faults team, can you post up a ticket ID please? Additionally some stats from your router would be very helpful along with the output from a BT Speedtest  http://speedtester.bt.com/
I'd also like to better understand why you think the T&C's are misleading.
There are many reasons for slow throughput and we will be more than happy to work with you to identify and resolve these issues. If a fault exists on your line or with your internal wiring then moving ISP will not necessarily fix it rather the issue will simply move with you.
Give us a bit more info and not only will our staff help pinpoint the issue but there is an absolute wealth of knowledge and experience in this community who will also help and advise.
Work with us and we'll nail this.
Mark
scootie
Grafter

can you grab your line stats and post them please, if you dont know how to look here, thats for the plusnet supplied router if your running somthing else just look for yours in the list http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php#59
The contract length here is basically 10days. if you take a free router, actaviation ect and leave with an year they have to be paid for, also if you stop broadband all togther on your line with out moving to another provider using a mac then BT charge PN £25 and they inturn pass this on to the end user
again as said by mark if you post some stats the staff and fellow customers with a wealth of knowledge can help
thongngo
Grafter

T&C are misleading because They did not clearly state that I cannot cancel the order after 7 days! They might as well put that down in the T&C instead of some fancy mileading words! I'm not very educated but I can read things and understand them. But the 7 days commitment contract is very - how can I put it misleading/ not very understandable! If I knew i can't cancel it within 7 days I would have considred to go with you guys or not! And I did go through your terms and and condition before I sign up and that phrase for that 7 days I was unsure what it meant until I cancel my service. Thanks!
And for my speed I have been rasiing tickets for it and they are going through all the neccessary steps to identify the problem. You can check it out by logging into my account and my username is thongngo. You can check and update my problem from there!.
I don't think many people understand when they read that sentnce in your T&C about the 7 days! Think about it. It takes around about 7-8 days for everything to set up and when you connect you cannot cancel. So you don't know what kind of services you are getting into! Note it took me 8 days before I go live! and from there I cannot cancel my purchase what kind of service is that?
I like the way you are trying to make yourself feel helpfull and that plusnet care - but in reality the actual company just care about taking my money! I have paid all in all £90 for this lousy service thats almost half of my budget for my internet for this year and what do i have to show for it? 5kB/s download and thats for 2 weeks of internet. With poor service and product! my fees should be weaved because of all this problem but NOOOOO.... You guys want my money.
Speed test this morning while i was on the phone to plusnet show 0.7Meg download and 0.33 Upload. But when i download p2p i got 5Kb/s and 10Kb/s upload. and thats from alot of seeder. Streaming is worse i cant even watch a clip of anything without waiting 10 or 15 mins or it crashing...
Loading this page seem to be a problem also! Whatever happens from here I'm not going to get my 5Meg which were promise and I'm not getting my money back either. What you guys going to do is send me on a wild goose chase and tell me to do this check and that check and post all the speed test and keep investigating... All I want now is to get away from you guys and get my money back (which is doubtfull). If you really care just keep up to date with my tickets use my usename to sign into my account. I don't want to post all the stuff that I've already entered in the tickets.
thongngo
Grafter

Asbo how do i do my line check stats etc.. send me a link... nice one
My router is the standard thomson one...
I went to the web site you recommend and got this Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:00:55
DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 7,136
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 22.0 / 39.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 20.0 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 16
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
Not sure what it meant!
thongngo
Grafter

My bad 10 days in your terms and condition either way its too late before you decide to leave..
Mark
Grafter

Hi
Can I ask if this is a brand new provide or if you have migrated in from another provider?
If a new provide, how often do you switch your router on and off? I ask this as the uptime on the stats you posted is 55 secs.
Would you mind posting the full results from a BT Speedtest as linked to above?
http://speedtester.bt.com/
You've got a problem quite clearly but we will work with you to get this resolved. We do care that our customers receive a good service and I want to get this fixed for you.

M
scootie
Grafter

look at you stats there fine apart form cant tell if you have a droping connection due to error ratings only having 55 seconds worth
ok can you run this test and post the full result back, includeing the bit that says line profile http://speedtester.bt.com/
Also what is your PN profile set at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
exchange status here http://www.nildram.net/support/tools/congestion_checker/ (yes strange to link to another isp but the usertools site one is not upto date as this one at the moment)
take your exchange is not adsl2+ 21cn enabled yet as i thought you would of bein put on adsl2+ with it being a recent order
edit. mark with the fastest fingers
thongngo
Grafter

Mark,
This is a new provider i did not migrate from anyone. I leave my router on most of the time unless it goes really slow i turn on and of now and again no more than 3-4 times for the last 2 weeks.
I seem to be getting a problem when i do this speed test. It seems to freeze when it progress to 96% and it said the number of thread is 4!

The Performance Tester is now testing Broadband connection. Your configured download throughput speed for this service is 6000 k
Please do not move away from this page and do not start any other download activity on your computer. Any other link i can do this test?
The exchange status is red.
speed test on speedtest.net
scootie
Grafter

ok so your bt profile is fine at 6000kbps and should be getting a gd 5mb throughput and it normaly plays up when throughput is so low so dont worry about the rubish bt speed checker.
how about your plusnet profile and your exchange vp capicty?
also can you run a speed test here so we can see how bad it is at peak times and off peak times http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/
thongngo
Grafter

Phone exchange:
    POPLAR
Estimated line speed:
    5 - Checked on 2009-10-20 23:21:14
Current line speed:
the exchange capacity is red. And the speed test is on last email.
scootie
Grafter

think the exchange is your problem then, whats the eta fix time on it. have you noticed your speeds improve in off peak time?
does it say the same here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
there is away to look further back in to the history of a exchanges vp capicty to see how often BT let the exchange run hot but ive forgot what you add on to the end of the URL
this also means if you move to another BT wholesale reseller you will still be on BT's hot VP pipes, you would have to move to a LLU you provider to bypass the hot pipes or simply cross your fingers BTw sorts it out soon
Mark
Grafter

Unfortunately, with the best will in the world, there is little we or any IPStream provider is going to be able to do to resolve this for you. If you're exchange is running hot then until our colleagues in BT Wholesale get it upgraded your peak speeds will be impacted. I'll ask the Comms Team in the morning if there is a short term solution availabe for you but I cant and wont make any promises.
I'm really sorry this has happened and I really wish it was a case of one of  us popping down to your exchange and fixing this, but that simply aint possible.
(Note for JB) Grab me in the morning re this one.
thongngo
Grafter

In that case can I get my money back? Plusnet said if they could not fix this problem they would refund me. Obviousely its the exchange but this is poor speed and it was not my fault. Also BT is your partner company therefore its your and their responsibility! I don't want to wait anymore its so fustrating until i get my line upgraded. By the time this problem is sorted i will be on another provider. I just want my money back. Sad can't you just do a good will gesture? Its been so troublesome for me!!! I wasted alot of money and time on this.
scootie
Grafter

its out of PN hands this problem but there is maybe a couple of things they can do to take the hot pipe out the equation, dont hold me to what i say as it may not be what PN do but sounds as thoe mark is going to try and offer a soultion.
1 could be to add max preminum which runs at a contention ratio of 20:1 instead of 50:1 and possable runs on a diffrent vp pipe all toghther. this costs 8.50 a month normaly but as they may use this to keep your connection happy they may wave the fee for you.
2 if your exchange is 21cn adsl2+ enabled they could transfer you to this which at bt's end dosent use the vp pipes but things called vlan's very simlar but also not the same thing
could be somthing totaly diffrent they offer you but am sure what ever they do you will be happy with the outcome tomoro, PN allways like to keep customers happy even if the leaving customers.
ive had nice gesters from PN a few times even when i was going to move to o2 to fhinsh my sisters contract off so it worked out cheaper and then move back to PN again they still offred me a nice reward even thoe they new i was allways going to return  Smiley
p.s the move to o2 never happend as o2 cs lied to me about being able to do a house move with a mac code even thoe asked there top guy if it was possable to do it this way instead of moving on to a fresh line, they also asked for alot of money to end 4 months left of a contract and also had the cheek to ask for the router