Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woops I upset a tech support agent on chat

ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Woops I upset a tech support agent on chat

Hi
I had an online chat with an agent yesterday evening (about 6:30) and I disconnected rather abruptly; anyway I thought nothing about it untill later in the evening my broadband was REALLY slow.
I had not lost connection but somehow my https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed current line speed was 0.2Mb/s
I had to phone up and wait 30 mins for the tech support guy to reset my line profile question #99984606 https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=99984606; there was a mention of the line profile being set manually to the very low speed.
Can someone feedback to the online chat agent that no mater what happen in dealing with a customer nothing should be done to harm that client or their connection etc
Ian
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Woops I upset a tech support agent on chat

Hi Ian,
I'm sure that the profile change wasn't performed maliciously, however I am passing this as feedback on to their line manager to follow through with.
Is everything back to normal now with your speeds?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ian007jen
Rising Star

Chris
Yes thanks speed all alright now just a quick tech question do you think my line would be OK with interleaving off: I have recently modified my internal wireing and have noticed a large decrease in FEC errors and error seconds.
Ian
Chris
Legend

I'd like to see 2 or 3 days of stability before removing interleaving, just in case it causes issues. The orders to add and remove it are next working day, so give me a nudge on Monday and I'll take another look and place the order to remove it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ian007jen
Rising Star

Chris,
I don't think the line lost synch over the weekend, if you could order interleave off or auto that would be great.
Thanks in advance
Ian
Chris
Legend

I'll have a look now. From memory the interleaving was already set to auto.
Chris
Legend

So the line is looking pretty stable, with only a brief disconnect overnight

I'll get an order placed to turn interleaving off, hopefully it shouldn't cause any issues but if it does we can place an order to turn it back on the next day.
ian007jen
Rising Star

Thanks Chris
EDIT:
No resynch overnight and still on interleaved. I have just performed a dsl resynch; still not on fastpath.
Ian
Chris
Legend

Hi Ian,
The order is definitely showing as complete, however I've just heard someone else on the team having the same problem on another account so it looks like a bug at the moment. We do have an idea that a line reset *may* turn interleaving off so I'll try that shortly, however if the DLM determines interleaving is needed on the line it's likely to turn it back on.
ian007jen
Rising Star

Chris
Reset done on fastpath at the moment. I am happy for the dlm to sort it out if it needs interleaving.
Thanks again
Ian
Chris
Legend

Awesome! Sorry it took a bit longer than normal to sort out.