cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't provide a MAC Key? Why's that then?

KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Won't provide a MAC Key? Why's that then?

Quote from: dimcass
I'm thinking of leaving and I,too, do not trust post or want to have a long chat with someone trying to convince me to stay with Plusnet.
I'm very happy with PN but by changing I can save 120 a year and that's quite a lot for me.

But if you had that conversation you might save £10 a month staying with Plusnet.
dimcass
Dabbler

you really think that would happen?Has anyone you know had a discount of 50%?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You won't know if you could get a discount like that unless you ring up and ask!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
whelpton
Grafter

Has anyone you know had a discount of 50%?

And more.
joncooper
Grafter

This is exactly why plus.net want people to phone, so they can find out what your issue is and maybe resolve it.
dimcass
Dabbler

thanks.will give it a try then.
everhopeful
Dabbler

I will be leaving once I am back in the UK at the end of the month.  The last couple of times I tried to phone Plus Net about the never ending problems of slow connection and connection dropping out about 5 times an hour, I have been on hold for 17 mins and then cut off - and then my boss basically told me either get off the phone or dont bother coming into work.  Phone in your lunch hour I hear you cry - tried that, it seems everyone else tries as well, then you will hold for even longer and then be cut off - and my lunch hour is actually 30 mins so that doesn't work.  The dept I need to speak to works 9 - 5.30 which is great for them but no so great for the rest of us who work longer hours than that and so are never able to actually speak to anyone.  I will try sending a letter for a MAc code but suspect this will get lost in the post, and so will probably need to actually book a half day holiday to get this over the phone!  Why can't PN add an icon to their site to take you straight to "request a MAC code".  By the way, it's not like I haven't given PN extensive time to fix this - they did and it worked for about a week - and now it's as bad as ever again.