cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish i'd read this forum before I ordered.

davegraham2013
Dabbler

Wish i'd read this forum before I ordered.

Phone line activated yesterday.
Broadband "due" to be activated today (and it had better be)
ROUTER only posted out THIS MORNING !! So I won't receive that until Monday at the very earliest . . . . . . Wouldn't it be better to send out router BEFORE BB is activated? You know, like every other company does . . .  .
So basically I am left without any Internet connection for 4 days or more. DO Plusnet find this acceptable? 
Other companies do phone and net activation same day - it's crazy that Plusnet don't do this - I know it's a Yorkshire company but there is no need to go so slow . . . . . "We'll do you proud"??  not this time you didn't Sad
I had to buy data for my Three mobile dongle because of this farce, so in effect I had an extra £20 on my bill this month.
Not happy at all.  Cry
27 REPLIES 27
Rudders

Re: Wish i'd read this forum before I ordered.

Same here have router engineer due yesterday stayed in 1-6,no one called then called in evening apparently our fault as we don't have a house number but a name ,way to go can engineers only count not read,no one phoned back last night ,soon Internet but such fabulous customer service our fault and can do at leadtvanother14 days ,so all. In weston super mare be aware will be at least 14-15 days together an engineer ,and that's only if you have a house number and have recieved your routerDisgusting ,going back to sky terrible service perhaps all us customer with bad service should go to trading standards and sue for time sat in ,non service and loss of internet and lies anyone interested.
dick:red All caps shouting edited as per forum rules.
borgred
Dabbler

i see another happy customer not join the growing club,i cant wait to leave this shower,you get what you pay for back to bt for me i would rather pay the extra tenner
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@davegraham2013
I'm really sorry to hear about this.
I'm going to begin looking into these issues straight away for you. With regards to the router that should have been dispatched a number of days prior to activation.
We certainly don't find any number of days without service acceptable so I'll look into that too. Not all ISPs are able to offer a simultaneous provision of phone and broadband and none are able to guarantee it. However I can see from your account that we have indeed set that expectation that it would be both on the same day.
I'm going to go and investigate this in more detail now and will get back to you, I'll also make sure we give you a gesture of good will for the inconvenience.

@Rudders
I'm really disappointed to hear about this too. None of this is your fault and I don't see why your house having a name instead of a number (as some do) should be an issue. I'm sorry if you were promised a call back from us last night too, I'll take this on myself and look into this before getting in touch. I'll make sure this gets resolved as quickly as possible and will make sure you get looked after too.

@borgred
I'm sorry to hear that and can see you're not happy with us from some of your previous posts. I can see that you've mentioned speed issues a while back. If you can let me know in a little more detail what issues you're encountering I'll happily pick those up to and will make sure you're looked after as well.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@davegraham2013,
With regards to the broadband and phone orders they were both completed as intended yesterday. I think by the looks of it service note SN151611139 may have been construed wrongly and I'm guessing in particular the line that says "The activation will complete by midnight on 01/02/2013." I want to make it clear that I'm not blaming you if you misunderstood that as we are already aware of how that might be misinterpreted, its a feature remaining from the days when accounts were activated manually and sometimes were done on the next day after the completion of an order, sorry for any confusion that might have caused.
Having looked into your router order with a member of our products team (who deal with any issues related to hardware provision) and we're unable to see a reason why your router wasn't automatically dispatched as intended. I'd like to mention for anyone else reading who may be concerned that we'll remain vigilant in case that might affect anyone else but we don't expect it to.
Can you contact me (via PM if you prefer) when you've received the router and I'll sort out that good will gesture.
@Rudders
I'm looking at your account now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Rudders
One of my colleagues is already dealing with this on ticket  65261896, I've had a look and can see that they need to raise a new order for you which they intend to do at their first opportunity. Please keep an eye on ticket  65261896 for updates. I've had a word with the agent in question and I'm satisfied they're dealing with this appropriately so I've asked them to make sure you get looked after.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davegraham2013
Dabbler

Well . . .
Strange - the router just arrived by Royal Mail - even though I was text that it was just posted this morning.
Not able to connect to Internet yet, I guess just waiting for activation.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Try connecting again, I've just activated your line for you.
Let me know how it goes.
davegraham2013
Dabbler

Yes, all working now thanks.
Thanks for the help. (Still miffed that I needed to spend £20 on Three data though)
Lips_are_sealed
peterb99
Grafter

Just in case you don't know.
You can get a 3 network SIM card from Samba mobile.  You then watch adverts and it builds up your free credit to use.
It costs £5 for the SIM (micro or normal) and that's it. It works fine in my old three dongle.
I watched a shed load of adverts when I first got it (just watched them on my laptop while watching TV) and built up 1GB of credit.  The beauty is that the 1GB doesn't expire ever (usually they drop off after 30 days).  I then just use the dongle when I'm out and about or if my internet at home goes down - its very useful (I ended up buying a 3 network WIFI device which works great with iPads, iPhones etc)
Pete
mushy
Grafter

Quote from: peterb99
Just in case you don't know.
You can get a 3 network SIM card from Samba mobile.  You then watch adverts and it builds up your free credit to use.
It costs £5 for the SIM (micro or normal) and that's it. It works fine in my old three dongle.

Sounds interesting, will have a look
Thanks for the tip.
Steve
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Rudders
Same here have router engineer due yesterday stayed in 1-6,no one called then called in evening apparently our fault as we don't have a house number but a name ,

Be an interesting statistic on how many working hours are wasted looking for houses that have a name and not a number, and houses that do have a name but either have no plaque or have it small/hidden. House names should be banned.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

House names should be banned.

I don't think that Her Majesty the Queen would agree with you!!  Undecided
Estragon
Rising Star

A law to abolish them would never even get as far as requiring Her signature to the Act.  MPs would not want to have their current large meeting and debating building referred to as 15 St. Margaret's Street.
davegraham2013
Dabbler

Ahm, why have you all hi-jacked my thread Huh  Cry