cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will plusnet consider offering BT Vision?

joncooper
Grafter

Re: Will plusnet consider offering BT Vision?

nothing to add - just want to get my name on any list of potential user testing
amcclean
Rising Star

I have the Humax HDR 2T Fox if the Youview box, which is also from Humax and looks pretty much identical from the outside, does everything mine does i'd be interested. DNLA, network share etc.
it would need the option off netflix PLUS Lovefim etc. so we can choose.
The other option would be that PN negotiate discounts with Lovefilm or nexflix etc on behalf of their customer, eg those with a plusnet email address.
gbear45
Grafter

As I started the thread I would like to be included if their is any trial.
For me price wasn't the reason for going with plusnet, it was the customer service/ reputation. I'm sure this is true for quite a few people. The BT retail offers are starting to look tempting and especially if BT are in TV for the long run.
Sky is very expensive and I bet their are quite a few people looking for a cheaper TV alternative.  So I will be interested to see what plusnet does.
Timalay
Grafter

I'd like something like Freetime (from freesat), added into the mix.  For people that only have satellite dishes (or can't get freeview signal).
MKICampaign
Dabbler

Personally I would like access to BT Sport when it launches.
I'm beginning to regret moving my account at the beginning of the month from a PlusNet ADSL package to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre for £19.99 a month when BT are offering Infinity 2 with BT Sport (when it launches), BT Cloud, connection included (I had to pay a reduced fee of £25), a £50 Sainsbury's voucher and £6 discount for the first three months (no discount for me as I kept the BT line) for £6.01 more a month after the first three months.  Cry
Yes PlusNet customer service is better (I hate BT Call Centres). However compared to this BT offer the PlusNet offer isn't looking as competitive.
BT are starting to compete on value for money by using BT Sport as a sweetener. Where does this leave PlusNet?
jtemplar
Dabbler

I have just given Sky my 31 days notice to cancel their service as I have come to the end of a 12 months half-price deal; I have Sky World HD with Sports, Movies and Entertainment.
My Freeview box (a 2004 Topfield) is surely on its last diodes so will likely need retiring soon.
I have an Apple TV connected to my home LAN and Plusnet fibre which allows me to rent the occasional movie from iTunes and I have a Netflix subscription which I think is great value, good choice and excellent quality.
I have a 2006 42inch Panasonic plasma which is also showing its age and I would like to replace with a larger screen smart TV in the near future.
I like watching sports, movies and original drama.
I would also be interested in trailing any TV service PN may offer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Chris
We're in the early stages of TV trials with staff. We are excited about the opportunities this will extend to our customers in the near future but as yet, have no fixed timings for a public launch.

I'm up for it.
I've been doing a lot of research recently, and YouView is definitely the way to go for myself.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110765.msg993572.html#msg993572

Devonian
Grafter

I would definately take a TV service, this is great news.  Cool
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: Bjn
Thanks Chris for letting us know there are trials in progress with Plusnet staff regarding the possible release of a TV service.

But I think we have heard the same comment a few times over the last couple of years, it is not obvious there has been any real new change during that time over than a few years ago PN did tinker with the idea of some plans to do something with TV!
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
gswindale
Grafter

Just to add that I would be interested if the offering did not require you to have a tv aeriel as I believe BT's service does.
If something along the lines of Freesat; but with added functionality was introduced then I'd be tempted.
Devonian
Grafter

Satelite connection would be a brilliant plus for me.
crobertbailey
Grafter

Satellite for me too
tedsloan
Dabbler

It would be good to see PlusNet move up a gear and give added value to their existing products.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@tedsloan
but there are no free lunches all extras are to be paid for and it will go on all our bills.
I for one want the best value Internet and phone only and not a bloated service
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Paying a supplementary subscription for (the right) TV service is the fairest way.