cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I ever get Broadband......

debbie61
Dabbler

Will I ever get Broadband......

I placed my order for fibre broadband in September and have still not got it................the whole thing has been an absolute farce. I am at my wits end and no-one seems able to sort out the issue. I am at a total loss as to what to do. We have had three engineer visits with the problem being a fault on the line and then being told there was no fault but a faulty router and now having no idea what the problem is but that the supplier has not closed the job - he came out on Monday so don't understand why it hasn't been closed as he said their was no problem with the line. Just received an email saying that my issue has been escalated and that PLusnet have called me twice today and left a VM....don't know who they were calling because I have not received a call or a VM....................I have had to spentdover £200 on a mobile BB dongle as I have had no internet access and the likelihood of  me getting it  any time soon is......???? Really unhappy with the way this has gone.....people I speak to are very nice but seem unable to fix the problem. Angry
21 REPLIES 21
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Will I ever get Broadband......

Hi debbie61,
Thank you for your time on the phone, firstly apologies for how long this has taken. I will follow this up with our suppliers and get the installation closed off as I mentioned.
I'll speak with your daughter later today to try and get this working, I'll keep you updated.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just to let you know that I spoke with your daughter and she's got internet access now Smiley
Sorry for the delay, if there's anything else please let me know.
Chris
debbie61
Dabbler

Hi Chris
Thank you for taking up the issue and resolving it. We now have broadband which is great and I am really grateful for your help - I wish I had posted on the forum weeks ago as I suspect if I had my issue would have been resolved much more quickly as you have managed to do what I have been told was not possible by many of your colleagues, which was to close the order manually from your end. Quite sad that the onlly way things got resolved was via my post......
The observation I will make is that whilst everyone I have spoken to has been really nice either they do not have the ability to make anything happen due to your internal processes or that they have not had adequate training and do not understand how the processes operate so give customers incorrect information.
In terms of feedback it is not good enough to be told time and time again that the issue is with your supplier and that Plusnet are unable to do anything about that...... if this is the case then someone needs to look at the relationship and service level agreements you have with them as it is seriously impacting the customer service and experience you are able to deliver. In all honesty as customers we have a contract and relationship with you and not your supplier so we don't really care about the problems you may have with them. I would like to see your people taking real ownership for issues rather than passing the blame elsewhere......at the end of the day a supplier problem is yours and not mine.
But glad to be on line again.....so a huge personalthank you to you .....I think some of your colleagues should use you as a role model of how to do it right!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad I could help and more importantly happy to see that the broadband is working.
Your relationship is with us and not our suppliers so we need to make sure we fulfill our obligation to you. There were delays that unfortunately contributed to the delay of the fibre service being activated, if there were any failures by us I'd be sure to point them out so we can learn from them.
If there's anything else please let me know.
Chris

debbie61
Dabbler

Hi Chris
Thanks for the response, but guess what? On Monday our service went out order....so worked for less than a week. No dial tone and of course no BB. Reported the fault and was told that there was a loop on the line and that an engineer would come out on Thursday to fix. Engineer arrived and advised no loop on the line and no idea what the fault is.....he decided to replace the wiring internally and externally which he came back to do this morning.....did that and it  made no difference. He said he could not find what the problem is and needs to speak to Plusnet.............now informs us that no fibre has been installed and the only way we were getting BB was that the modem was picking it up in the exchange .......................sorry but this is unbelievable. I need to have this sorted and cannot wait weeks for another engineer visit. - it needs to be sorted now! How can we get this escalated? Would really appreciate any help you can give.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Sorry to hear about this, I've raised this with our provisioning team to get you back online ASAP. We have had to place an order again today and will expedite this, we will not be able to do expedite this until Monday though. When we expedite orders this is usually a very quick turn around.
I'll also make sure you're not charged for the services during this time.
I'll keep you up-to-date with this.
Chris
debbie61
Dabbler

Hi Chris
Thanks
I have also raised with your fault team...they said that issue could be a problem you have within your system where the system is automatically cancelling newly provided fibre orders and changing them  to ADSL? Don't know if this is the case or if my problem is unrelated.....I just need to get service as a matter of urgency.....will wait to hear from you.....but don't understand why nothing can be done until Monday...............
debbie61
Dabbler

So so fed up........just called Plusnet, my order for the fibre that we were told had been installed but wasn't and so  needed to be re-ordered has not been re-ordered........why I am not surprised?  Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see you've called up and that this issue is in hand with our support and provisioning teams, we should be able to get you an update on how things are progressing later today. I'm very sorry for the delay.
debbie61
Dabbler

Hi Matt
Yes it is in hand but I can't understand why it takes so long for an order to be placed when you are aware of the history of this failed installation......this has been going on since 26th September. If you look at the records you can see the whole thing has been a mess from the start ......surely there is some way to escalate and resolve this .....from what I understand BTO have said that they have installed the fibre when they haven't....why is a new order even required, surely they should just get out there and deliver what they were supposed to?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to read about the issues you've had so far.
Unfortunately sometimes even with protracted cases like this we still have to follow a formal process with our suppliers. I'm glad to see that we are doing what we can to expedite this current issue for you.
I'm going to keep a close eye on how things are handled from here and I will intervene to take ownership if need be. In the meantime I'd going to do a bit of back reading on your account to see what we can learn from what's happened so far.
I'll make sure we update you as soon as we possibly can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
debbie61
Dabbler

Thanks, but as far as I am aware the new order hasn't event been placed yet........which is ridiculous as I reported the issue to you lunchtime on Friday and even more ridiculous that a new order has to be raised at all.  I appreciate that you have to follow a process with suppliers but the supplier has obviously not followed process as they have not done the work they said they have. I assume that there is an escalation process with the supplier and that this has been escalated? If not I will escalate it myself with your CEO.......as not sure what else there is I can do at this point as nothing else is getting the problem resolved.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I just thought I'd come back after reading all the notes you your account, I'm going to take full ownership of this now as I think that might be more helpful as a number of different people have been working on this issue of late and I'm not sure each understood all would have been able to understand the details of this protracted case.
I'll explain further with regards to the escalation of this matter and the reason why no order has yet been placed. I've noticed we noted on 15/11 that a new appointment was requested then via a new order (following a previous issue the day before) the appointment offered to us was quite some weeks ahead in the future so with good intentions we cancelled that order so that a new one could be made with a view to requesting an expedite. Unfortunately a system problem with our suppliers has affected that and is actually preventing us from being able to raise a new order for you (hence the delay and hence the escalation raised).
As you might note from other posts I've dealt with a lot of difficult cases like yours in the past and I understand the bigger picture much better now so I hope you feel reassured a little at least by that and I'll do all I can to get this issue moved on as you've waited too long to get this resolved now for which I'm extremely sorry.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
debbie61
Dabbler

Adam
The order that was raised on 16th was as a result of the mess ups previously......an engineer attended after this one was raised and after that we had service for a few days, The order that has not been raised is the one from Friday after another engineer attended to fix the fault on the PSTN line and when he found out that the fibre had not been installed....two different orders.
I wish I did feel re-assured but I don't.....