cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no e-mail help?

FIXED
Kimmaidment

Why no e-mail help?

I needed help earlier and there is no help available!! It said use Webchat and when you try to do this it is blocked by my Ad Blocker and it tells me to switch it off. My Ad Blocker is there to stop Ads so I am not taking it off. I have used Webchat with other services and suppliers and Ad Block is not a problem. I had an e-mail from Plusnet about a problem but there is no way to reply to it! 

Seems a bit of a shambles to me.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Labels added after move to Plusnet Feedback.

13 REPLIES 13
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Why no e-mail help?

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav

Fix

Hi @Kimmaidment and welcome to the Plusnet Community Forums.

Are you not able to whitelist Plusnet thus allowing Chat to work?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Kimmaidment

Thank you, I will try that but what is all this "Forum Moderator and Customer
He who feared he would not succeed sat still"

I don't fear adverts, I just don't want them clogging up my computer. Why put this comment on the bottom, are you trying to be clever, because it is not working! You are supposed to be a Moderator for a professional company.

Kimmaidment

Are you for real? You are supposed to be a 'seasoned pro', you are supposed to be representing Plusnet and yet you choose to insult me? No wonder you don't get much thanks. I would not expect such juvenile personal, bullying attacks on a forum supporting a business. I am not pedantic, I choose to block adverts because I don't want my internet experience to be mired by inane adverts. If Plusnet were so brilliant then they could find a way around the advert block as other companies do but at the moment they seem to be struggling with their Customer Service especially if they rely on [-Removed-] like you to help them. I was with Plusnet two years ago and they were very good, as it was I needed little help because they had set everything up correctly. This time they have messed up the whole setup and delayed it by two months. What is happening to the company?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Seems some staff spend the day, answering troll posts on trustpilot, they could divert thoses staff resources elsewhere, like answering emails..

All the best

Kimmaidment

OK Mev, I have now Whitelisted Plusnet so I will see how it goes.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Kimmaidment wrote:

Thank you, I will try that but what is all this "Forum Moderator and Customer
He who feared he would not succeed sat still"

I don't fear adverts, I just don't want them clogging up my computer. Why put this comment on the bottom, are you trying to be clever, because it is not working! You are supposed to be a Moderator for a professional company.

@Kimmaidment The text you quote above is NOT advertising, it is merely a 'signature' - i.e a couple of lines of text for information.

John
Kimmaidment

Thank you Mav, I appreciate that. I didn't expect that kind of attitude here.

Kimmaidment

I just noticed you didn't act impartially, why didn't you remove the insult from Gel? It was his insult that caused all of the problems and was not called for. 

Kimmaidment

Thank you, but it was implying that I was afraid of adverts which I am not. Why is it there, what is the point? If you want a signature use an Avatar or your user name! This should not be a place for personal opinion about other users, it should be professional and helpful especially from those that represent the company. I have not come across this sort of behavior on other tech forums such as the Joomla forum and it makes me feel quite 'Anti' about Plusnet and the attitude of people representing it. All I asked for was some help as I couldn't find how to get it from Plusnet. No wonder 'Trolling' is so rife on the internet.

Mav

@Kimmaidment

I'm sorry that you didn't feel my moderation was impartial but I didn't deem @Gel's post as insulting. If at any time you are unhappy with a moderator's actions you can always follow the guidelines as per the Forum rules:

If you ever have reason to question the actions of a moderator you should try and resolve your issue directly with the moderation team via Private Message (PM), if your issue is not resolved please contact the Community Manager via PM. They will liaise with the moderators and make a final decision on your case.

Signatures can be used in almost any way one feels as long as it fits within the above rules and often reflect the thoughts and ideas of the member. Please remember that moderators are customers and not employed by Plusnet.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@Kimmaidment wrote:

Thank you, but it was implying that I was afraid of adverts which I am not. Why is it there, what is the point? If you want a signature use an Avatar or your user name! This should not be a place for personal opinion about other users, it should be professional and helpful especially from those that represent the company. I have not come across this sort of behavior on other tech forums such as the Joomla forum and it makes me feel quite 'Anti' about Plusnet and the attitude of people representing it. All I asked for was some help as I couldn't find how to get it from Plusnet. No wonder 'Trolling' is so rife on the internet.

@Kimmaidment If, for whatever reason, you don't want to see signatures in posts, just edit your preferences - click your name at the top of the forum, scroll to 'my settings', click 'preferences' , scroll to 'view signatures in posts', and untick, then click 'save'

HTH

John