cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are CSC analysts closing tickets without checking that all is clear.

tonycollinet
Grafter

Why are CSC analysts closing tickets without checking that all is clear.

As subject
Both my last two tickets have been closed without giving me a chance to confirm everything is OK. In both cases it would be appropriate for me to respond to request further action. Now I'll have to raise a third ticket for the same topic.

(Edit to correct typo in subject)
12 REPLIES 12
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Why are CSC analysts closing tickets withotu checking that all is clear.

They close automatically iirc after 2 weeks of no activity.  If there had been activity from you or them, then yes that would be annoying
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Why are CSC analysts closing tickets withotu checking that all is clear.

Ticket was only created last night. They provide an answer and then close. I needed to request further action.
This  is especially annoying considering:
At the moment we're averaging a response time of 44 hours 12 minutes 23 seconds for new queries

And long hold times if you want to call. It would seem PlusNet want to make it particularly difficult to contact them.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Why are CSC analysts closing tickets without checking that all is clear.

Hi tonyAtplus,
Sorry to hear this has happened. I'm unable to find your Plusnet account - can you PM me your username or update the link from your Community account?
If you open a ticket advisors should not be closing the ticket; they should be escalating the ticket back to you. If this hasn't been done correctly then I will feed this back internally. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Question #88289769
and
Question #88610917
Both questions were raised by PN Staff - but both times in response to a question from me. The first via the forums, and the second by a 40minute on hold phone call.
User name is sent. Thanks for your help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for the info,
Re 88289769, That really shouldn't have been closed. The sentiment was that if you need to rearrange what was mentioned a call would be best to ensure it's picked up in time. As to whether you'd rather call or reply back via ticket should be up to you, not us so I'm going to feed back on that response.
Re 88610917 we may need to agree to disagree as I can't see an issue in that one being closed as it was to confirm an appointment for a date you'd requested with us.
If there's another aspect of that one you're unhappy with I'll take another look for you.
Cheers for pointing these out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

Hi Adam
Thanks for the reply - I think the issue is that the topic is raised - consuming a lot of personal time (40 minutes on hold plus about 10 minutes on the line altogether (including another 5 minutes on hold so nearly an hour of my time). Then the answer is provided, and the ticket closed. What is missing is the courtesy of "is there anything else we can do for you related to this?"
In this case there was - I wanted to ensure you gave my mobile number to the engineer in case of issues (like I can do - and did - when I book the engineer visit online). the result of closing the ticket is I have to raise a new one and go to the back of a 48 hour queue.
It's not about doing the bare minimum, it's about going the extra mile.

EDIT: And it now seems that the first ticket has not even been actioned - as I am being charged for fibre, even though I don't have it. That ticket was about making sure that did not happen. (I've just raised another ticket for this - 88703858)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
t's not about doing the bare minimum, it's about going the extra mile.

I agree and I hope it shows, I did point out your issue to a provisioning manager earlier so there should be nothing you need to do.
88703858 appears to be about a different issue so I'll address it myself before passing (definitely not closing) the ticket back to you.
EDIT: Just responded and thought it best to hang on to the ticket rather than pass it back, feel free to reply though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

Hi Adam
Thanks - all sorted. You guys on here are going the extra mile - but I think you're being let down a little by the back office.

EDIT - thought about this a little more. I'm actually getting excellent service from plusnet. But only because you guys are posting and responding through the forums.
So thanks to Adam, Chris and Linn (Also Anthony P was pretty good on the phone once I eventually got through)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the kind words! We'll always do our best to help!
Any issues in the future don't hesitate to give us a shout.
tonycollinet
Grafter

You're Welcome
And seeing as you asked - any chance you can look at Question #88650257 - No answer so far in 48 hours, with a deadline for resolution of early next week due to planned engineer visit.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure, seeing as it's a quick request Wink
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks