cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why? Just why ...

leeanthony
Grafter

Why? Just why ...

Why mess with my account? Why mess up my migration process? Why?
Ive come and gone from several ISP's now, always migrating from one to another with the standard mac procedure. Always a smooth process, never had more than 1 hour down time (Usually there is no downtime at all).. none of these include Plusnet.
I have never migrated away from Plusnet before.. until this month.  Roll_eyes
About a week ago I requested my MAC from you, and I gave it to "Be". It was accepted and my order is now placed, my activation date is the 21st.
I had 3 Plusnet tickets currently active during this time, and on both tickets it clearly states cancellation date will be the 21st and to top it off I also received a seperate email informing me that my PN account would be cancelled on the 21st. One of the tickets even added up what I will owe, which will be 80p because my bill date is the 18th, so I guess thats the price for 3 days of service (check the tickets yourself).
Everything seems cool at this point.
I figure Plusnet to cancel my service on the 21st at the same time Be activate my service, a smooth switch.
Ohhh but no!
Yesterday I received two strange emails from Plusnet, something about my "alias" = leeanthony, being deleted. I thought at first (As I was already connected to the internet).... damn, that must be my webspace.. doh! But oh well, nothing to major. I checked my webspace to confirm and yes everything had been erased without any notice, 1 week before my account cancels. Wrong? Yes, I would say so but not much of a big deal I will let that slip.
This morning my internet was off, I couldnt connect, I tried several times and then gave up. Rang Plusnet, gave my info etc "Mr Worrall, this account is cancelled"..... I replied "What?" and there was a long pause.
After spending 2 hours on the phone, making multiple calls to Plusnet and Be, waiting in stupid queues .. 15 minutes each for Plusnet.. hearing different responses everytime, they finally admit that my account has been cancelled and even ordered a cease on my line... 1 week earlier than the cancellation/activation date I was informed about so many times.
So they said sorry and reactivated my account, so they tell me it will be working fine again now until the 21st..... but now I still cant connect.
Guy on the phone tells me he sees me being rejected, but he doesnt know why.... Double checked with each other, username and password is right, tried several times.. doesnt work
bt_test@startup_domain.. works
bt_test@plusdsl.net.. doesnt work
and nor does my username@plus.. etc
Now he is considering it a fault, and has raised a fault for me. He tells me it should be resolved within a few days, but may take longer....
I only have 6 days left with you, and how fortunate, another fault. This time caused by yourselves, all this chaotic trouble because you screwed with my account
So now I am going to be without the internet for a week, and knowing my luck, once again thanks to you......I got a feeling my process to actually join/activate/connect with Be, isnt going to be quite as successful as it would have/should have been..... if you *>harsh word here<* didnt screw with my account  Undecided
This is my connection im using now incase you wonder

So thanks alot Plusnet, seriously..... thanks so much  Angry Undecided
27 REPLIES 27
genkville
Grafter

Re: Why? Just why ...

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, but there is no need to call staff D*** H**** thats very rude!  Huh sorry but swearing is not nice, if you think plusnet have a bad service try talktalk.
Why are you moving? you never said.
leeanthony
Grafter

Heh, I am sure they know why I am moving.
Lurker
Grafter

Nobody else does though - it does tend to lack credulity when it doesn't have any reasoning attached to it - it just sounds like somebody taking their ball home (no offence intended!)
Why not fill in a few gaps to start building up a picture, at least folks can see where and how you've been let down then.
genkville
Grafter

Dude - i have done my research and plus net came out on top!
BE - you will be paying £17.50 for broadband alone!
genkville
Grafter

Quote from: James_G
Nobody else does though - it does tend to lack credulity when it doesn't have any reasoning attached to it - it just sounds like somebody taking their ball home (no offence intended!)
Why not fill in a few gaps to start building up a picture, at least folks can see where and how you've been let down then.

Well said James! thats what im thinking, he can at least tell us.
leeanthony
Grafter

Why would I bother telling customers about this kind of problem? My rant was directed at Plusnet, who could potentially get this sorted for me. They have the "power".. What can you do? Exactly  Undecided Bye
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I really fail to see why the reason for moving has any relevance to this thread.
If any of you are really interested have a look at his posting history.
As a point about Be you get unlimited downloads and higher uploads for only £1.60 per month more than premium with no traffic shaping
genkville
Grafter

Quote from: Xanity
Why would I bother telling customers about this kind of problem? My rant was directed at Plusnet, who could potentially get this sorted for me. They have the "power".. What can you do? Exactly  Undecided Bye

Hopefully they will sort it!  Smiley
leeanthony
Grafter

Quote from: genkville

Yes I will be paying £17.50 for broadband alone, at least its a decent one.
I pay £19.99 for broadband alone from Plusnet, and its [Censored].
So your point was????Huh
nathan1111
Grafter

Sorry to hear uve been having problems Xanity.  But no need to be rude to others or swear, just no need...  *dont attack me now lolol*
@genkville
Looking from Research Be has come out on top genkville. Then again it depends on what packages, and prices but from the looks of things looks very good.
Plus if you look on http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/caps.htm  the Kitz site you can see that Be offers generous amount of usage (No Usage Limit Set) And does not put any traffic shaping at all.
And from people who I kno that are with BeThere they highly recommend it. (Plus its owned by o2 so it cant be bad) Cheesy
genkville
Grafter

Quote from: Xanity
Quote from: genkville

Yes I will be paying £17.50 for broadband alone, at least its a decent one.
I pay £19.99 for broadband alone from Plusnet, and its [Censored].
So your point was????Huh

Lee you have obviously had a bad experience! I'm on plus net value and play MW2 without a hitch. You're obviously a hardcore gamer.
genkville
Grafter

Quote from: nathan1111
Sorry to hear uve been having problems Xanity.  But no need to be rude to others or swear, just no need...  *dont attack me now lolol*
@genkville
Looking from Research Be has come out on top genkville. Then again it depends on what packages, and prices but from the looks of things looks very good.
Plus if you look on http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/caps.htm  the Kitz site you can see that Be offers generous amount of usage (No Usage Limit Set) And does not put any traffic shaping at all.
And from people who I kno that are with BeThere they highly recommend it. (Plus its owned by o2 so it cant be bad) Cheesy

If O2 own them then they'll be damn good! but I'm a phone and broadband type a guy! i can never do without phone. Plusnet compared to other providers are excellent. Awards and customer surveys speak for themselves.

Mand
Grafter

Xanity,
I'm looking into this for you now.
Mand
Grafter

Should be working for you now.
I'd just like to apologise for the error in cancelling your account, and for the trouble you've had since.