cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why? Just why ...

leeanthony
Grafter
Posts: 372
Registered: 27-07-2008

Re: Why? Just why ...

Quote from: Mand
Should be working for you now.
I'd just like to apologise for the error in cancelling your account, and for the trouble you've had since.

Hi Mand
Thanks for showing an interest at least, but no its still not working that is the problem
Your the third person who has told me that it should be working, but it really isnt. It is still saying authorization failed.
I gurantee you I am typing my login user/password in correctly.
Like I said above, the guy on the phone said he could see that I was being rejected but it wouldnt say specificly ( Hate that word ) why, and thats why he wanted me to try auth'ing with those bt_test domains, and as mentioned, bt_test@startup_domain DID work - but - bt_test@plusdsl.net DID NOT work (Tech guy told me to try to connect with those)
Just wanted to clear that up, I asked have I been blocked from the "plusdsl.net" domain but he said no, it sounded like the only possibility to me though.. although what would I know.
Just for the record I have tried connecting with a different router aswel, same problem and once again yes yes yes username and password is 100% accurate
Would be nice to have this fixed for tomorrow
Incase you wonder Mand, or anyother PN staff.
Using the 585 router as u know, Internet light is off although is flashes red every now and then, but then off again. Broadband is a solid green.  Undecided
Seems I am just unable to connect to your network, remember I said about the email about my alias being removed.. incase that could be anything, maybe you got to re add it.
Just want to say aswel, I really do want this fixed because I cant be doing without the internet for a week.. I wouldnt cope lol. But please please do not do anything that will conflict/screw up my migration on the 21st, remember I am still leaving on the 21st, but you are supposed to be providing me with my normal service until then
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Posts: 17,665
Thanks: 658
Fixes: 162
Registered: 05-04-2007

Re: Why? Just why ...

Lee,  we're seeing 2 connections earlier tonight and prior to that your password was incorrect. They were at 6.22pm and 6.24pm. I can't find any problems with your account on our side now, I'll try dialtesting in the morning but I'm not in the office at the moment I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
leeanthony
Grafter
Posts: 372
Registered: 27-07-2008

Re: Why? Just why ...

Can I get some attention on this, this morning please
Chris I am 100% sure I am typing my password in right, I am logging in with = (Check PM Chris)
Just woke up nice and early, a lovely day.. but nothing to do.... and no internet  Cry lol
leeanthony
Grafter
Posts: 372
Registered: 27-07-2008

Re: Why? Just why ...

It works now thanks, not sure who did what or maybe it was just a waiting game after they reactivated my account? It certainly was not working yesterday but either way thanks alot, all is good now. I just hope the migration process to Be goes smoothly, thanks again Smiley
Now I can uninstall this piece of sh** o2 usb dongle.. wifi lol. worse than 56k pfft. I recommend everyone get one though, they come in handy for emergency Tongue lol
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Posts: 17,665
Thanks: 658
Fixes: 162
Registered: 05-04-2007

Re: Why? Just why ...

I kicked a few things last night before my post on here, maybe that kicked it into action. Sorry it happened in the first place but I'm really glad to hear you're back online now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
leeanthony
Grafter
Posts: 372
Registered: 27-07-2008

Re: Why? Just why ...

Nice1 Chris
cheers Smiley
dick:quote
leeanthony
Grafter
Posts: 372
Registered: 27-07-2008

Re: Why? Just why ...

what u did edit strat Shocked
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 26,959
Thanks: 1,758
Fixes: 135
Registered: 14-04-2007

Re: Why? Just why ...

Chris' full post quoted in yours as stated in my mod note.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

leeanthony
Grafter
Posts: 372
Registered: 27-07-2008

Re: Why? Just why ...

ahh i see now
ok doke then
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 26,959
Thanks: 1,758
Fixes: 135
Registered: 14-04-2007

Re: Why? Just why ...

No problem Smiley

Customer and Forum Moderator.

leeanthony
Grafter
Posts: 372
Registered: 27-07-2008

Re: Why? Just why ...

*Edit* Unexpected essay  Shocked I get carried away. This essay is for the people asking why I am migrating in the first place:
Id just like to say aswel incase people think Im leaving because of Plusnet
The main reason I am leaving Plusnet and joining Be is because of LLU being available in my area, I only found this out very recently and what it means exactly. Ive been having problems with my Internet yes and at first I was blaming Plusnet but after having very indepth help with two faults by James and Anotherone I did finally believe and reqognise that the problem isnt Plusnet, they did all sorts to be fair.
My most recent fault which is still on going, after eliminating pretty much every possible cause in my house its now clear that there is a problem with something outside of my house.
After Anotherone literally teaching me about very indepth and what id consider the backbones of ADSL and how it works, and then after speaking to a BT Engineer on the phone who I met in Be irc, (Everyone in the channel recommended him to me before he was online) hes supposed to be a very good Engineer who actually knows about the ADSL sides of things too. He gave me his number and we spoke, he understood all and said to him it sounds like only 2 possible causes now then. The BT ADSL equipment in the exchange or that there is noise getting into my line somewhere between the exchange and my house  Roll eyes
He asked me about the Engineers that did visit my home, and I told him what they did. Which was rewired my sockets, and use the big old yellow test phone on my lines. He was suprised to hear they didnt do the PQ test on my lines, so in theory although I had 2 Engineers out my line is still not eliminated so yes its BT. I hate them Smiley
I was already considering joining Be as I knew it myself, but then the Engineer on the phone told me that If I join Be I would be using different ADSL equipment in the exchange, and told me that Be's equipment is alot more modern and better maintained than BT's ADSL equipment. He reckons there is a 60% chance of it being the equipment and 40% chance of it being noise getting into the line between my house and the exchange, so Im hoping his 60% is right.
And thats why I am moving to Be  Cool Nothing to do with Plusnet, just the fact that they use BTs adsl equipment and Im wanting to try out different equipment. Smiley
A little bit more than necessary detail here but oh well  Tongue
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 26,959
Thanks: 1,758
Fixes: 135
Registered: 14-04-2007

Re: Why? Just why ...

Thanks for that post Xanity.
That, I believe, puts in a nutshell many other people's problems where the fault is with BT equipment but Plusnet get the blame.
It's so easy to shake a stick at the retailer when it's the wholesaler who is not delivering the goods.
Plusnet are trying very hard to supply a good broadband experience but have been let down recently by BT equipment failures.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

birdman
Grafter
Posts: 113
Registered: 04-10-2009

Re: Why? Just why ...

Strat
We pay Plusnet to provide our broadband service and they are the point of contact whenever we experience a fault, not BTw. We do not have access to BTw, so who else can we complain to? After all, if you buy a cabbage and it is rotten in the middle, you complain to Tesco, not the grower, even though you know it is the grower's fault, because it was Tesco who supplied you with the inferior goods. If Plusnet's service is not up to scratch because of their supplier, they must take it on the chin, but give their supplier a kicking to improve the quality of their service to them. However, BT know they are not going to lose Plusnet's custom however bad BT's service is, because BT are a monopoly and PN have nowhere else to go, so PN have to put up with it.
Those of you who have been following my sorry saga in the Rants forum (Dropouts and Line Speed) will understand my own frustration - I have even felt sorry for PN - and I have frequently wished I could speak directly with BT on the issue, but I can't, so PN get it in the neck.
(Having read through this post, it does sound a bit patronising - I'm sorry, it is not meant to be. Wink)