Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I'm leaving Plusnet

richij
Grafter

Why I'm leaving Plusnet

I'm leaving Plusnet this month.
It's not because of line performance, nor gateway/central throughput. Barring the occasional glitch, things have been rock-solid since Chris Pettitt finally sorted it out back in 2013.
However, I was waiting for FTTC to be activated here. But it turns out that it'll never happen for my line, because I'm too far from the PCP. So my next best option is ADSL2+, but BT still has no plans for 21CN here. So that's the primary reason for leaving Plusnet.
The secondary reason is my worry that Plusnet is becoming BT. Support is increasingly hard to reach through standard channels, with long phone queues and unanswered tickets (I have two being ignored right now). Also, crazy increases in line rental may be the industry standard now, but they stick in my craw.
Hence my move: I'm switching to a reseller of TalkTalk Business. I hope to get at least 11/1.7. I will pay a little more per month than I'm paying Plusnet, but at least the charges are transparent and there's no contract.
Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help in days gone by. Wish me luck with the MPF!
3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Why I'm leaving Plusnet

Sorry to hear you're leaving. I hope it all works out and wish you all the best with your new provider!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Do you have Virgin as an option since nobody can offer you fibre or ADSL2+? Or is your exchange LLU enabled?
One thing to be careful with regarding TalkTalk - if you are on a non LLU exchange and using the TT service, speeds can be very slow, especially at peak times.
I am assuming this won't be an issue for you as you will either be moving to Virgin or have LLU at your exchange.
Best of luck.
richij
Grafter

It's not TalkTalk -- it's TalkTalk Business. ADSL2+ with Annex-M. And, yes, MPF is LLU.