cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I Won't Be Returning To PlusNet (the 'Award Winning' Customer Services AGAIN)

Jackketch
Hooked

Why I Won't Be Returning To PlusNet (the 'Award Winning' Customer Services AGAIN)

7 years ago I left Plusnet because customer service lied to me about why my download speeds were so slow when they knew the whole time it was due to their 'load balancing'. I posted about it here

But the other day one of my adult sons was going on about how good Plusnet are (he was with BT before) so I thought-being perpetually unhappy with BT myself- I might wander over to the Plusnet site and contact the sales team and see if Plusnet had gotten any better and downloader friendly in the 3/4decade since I left .

Went to the site and clicked on 'contact' then 'thinking of joining us' .....and that's when I was asked to log in to a Plusnet account I didn't yet have (and now won't be having)just to be able to contact the sales team . Yep, you read that right, there was me perhaps wanting to give plusnet money and they can't even be bothered to allow new customers to contact their own sales team? In which universe does that make any kind of sense? First rule of any business; don't unduly annoy those wanting to give you money!

OK, I thought to myself- it's just a website glitch, surely no one in their right mind will block sales enquires....I'll use the 'Chat' ...unfortunately 'award winning' doesn't seem to cover chats after Corrie starts. Then I thought I'll google up their customer support email. More fool me!

Which brought me to this forum and a couple of threads which made it very clear that plusnet couldn't give a whatis about it's DEAF customers nor those who can't or won't use that archaic 'telephone' thingy for whatever reasons.

10 REPLIES 10
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Why I Won't Be Returning To PlusNet (the 'Award Winning' Customer Services AGAIN)

so you signed up to a forum to say you won't be joining!
seems like you have too much time on our hands.
Jackketch
Hooked

Re: Why I Won't Be Returning To PlusNet (the 'Award Winning' Customer Services AGAIN)

I signed up because, as far as I could see, this was the only way of providing Plusnet with 'feedback'. Of course, my preference would have been to send a snotty sarcastic email to the Head of the Head Of Customer Services but ....

And anyways it keeps the Search Engine metrics solid, every thread grizzling about the appalling Customer Service helps warn prospective future customers. If you chose to waste a couple of minutes of your life reading my witterings instead of doing something  important like watching Lolcatz videos then I apologise but the title was clear enough I thought?

chenks76
All Star

if my reply caused you to come back and waste more of your time replying then my job is done Smiley
Jackketch
Hooked

Google's robot's too Smiley

chenks76
All Star

i have no qualms with people seeing your post.
in fact, the less people on the plusnet network the better for me as it means less conjestion.

with regards to your son, moving from BT to plusnet is rather odd thing to do.
plusnet are owned by BT, and plusnet is BTs budget product (much like Lidl/Aldi compared to Waitrose).
so all he has done it move to an cheaper bargain basement product owned by the company he left.
Jackketch
Hooked

Actually 2 of my sons are with Plusnet...and this may surprise...on my recommendation. ie I said to them that plusnet were worth a try for the money, because the download speeds may be capped/obscenely wire sharked (or whatever they now use) but they probably don't cap the streaming to their ( my kids') widescreens and their (plusnet) Tech Support always used to be world class. I then recounted how I once rang Plusnet Tech Support at 6AM on a Bank Holiday Sunday and got someone on the phone, first ring, who despite being somekind of Geordie ('Yorkshire' I think) spoke decentish RP ,not 'wayhey Orcish', and knew what he was talking about and could deal with not only my side of the problem but Plusnet's too.

But, having read through a few more threads here now myself, I fear you are absolutely right about Plusnet having warped into that which was feared would happen at the take over (think I joined just on the corporational cusp).

chenks76
All Star

download speeds aren't capped
tech support is abysmal
but you get what you pay for
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

but you get what you pay for

Except in non-low cost areas where you pay extra for what you get 😉

chenks76
All Star

That's not unique to plusnet though
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that.

@Jackketch wrote:

Went to the site and clicked on 'contact' then 'thinking of joining us' .....and that's when I was asked to log in to a Plusnet account I didn't yet have (and now won't be having)just to be able to contact the sales team

Thanks for flagging this up, I'll pass feedback on to the relevant department.

@Jackketch wrote:
I'll use the 'Chat' ...unfortunately 'award winning' doesn't seem to cover chats after Corrie starts. Then I thought I'll google up their customer support email. More fool me!

Whilst I'm unsure as to what time you tried to chat with our Sales team [I don't watch Corrie ;)], they should be open up until 11pm at night 7 days a week as per the chat opening hours.

All the best with your new provider.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet