Did you mean: 

Why Can`t I.......

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Why Can`t I.......

View my broadband usage  ? ? ?  

Because this is what I get....

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment.

This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing period.

It can take up to 4 hours for your usage to show up - please try again later.

If you have any questions about your usage, please see our or .

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Used to be able to see the previous 3 months usage.... why can`t we see historical usage now? 

My account is NOT NEW>.. been with PN for over 10 years now..

And..>

your usage has been reset for a new billing period.

Should not affect the historical record.... 

9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Why Can`t I.......

Hi Shutter, when was the last time you checked this and noticed it was an issue? I'm just asking that first as I can see that we've billed you recently.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shutter
Community Veteran

@adamwalker When you last billed me, about a month ago, and tried to rip me off . 

Then I got on to live chat, and the guy there said he would make an adjustment to this month`s payment, to bring it back to how it should have been, without my intervention.

This morning there was an email from PN, saying my bill was ready to view...  ( which does, indeedy, show the adjustment )... so... "naturally",  I wanted to check how much usage I had been doing in the last month or so... but...... as mentioned above....

Nota Beni...... this "issue" was only discovered to day... and that is why I posted it.....

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for letting me know you checked it this morning. 

I've checked in with our incident team and we're not aware of any system wide issues affecting usage so it looks like I'll need to raise a task to get your usage reset. Leave that with me and I'll get back to you as soon as I have some feedback on it. 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shutter
Community Veteran

@adamwalker

Thank you...

The current usage... i.e. this month,... is of little interest... as it is only 2 days worth... however.. I do like to keep a check on my historical, monthly, usage... so I can gauge whether the competition offerings would be more suitable to my needs... and what the likely cost would be, compared to current PlusNet offering. So when the "reset" is done, it would be good to see the last three months usage charts, as it used to be displayed for the past 10 years ....

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, both current, recent and the historical usage should be come visible again when that's been sorted out. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@shutter

Plus ça change ... as they say across the Channel.

You may rememeber my very first thread (the only reason I joined this forum) here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Defective-usage-meter/td-p/1364264

Don't hold your breath.

shutter
Community Veteran

@adamwalker  Just checked again, this morning... and the historical chart shows up.

HOWEVER....

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Data usage is no longer fully accurate

We've made some improvements to our network which will improve your connection to some popular high bandwidth services such as YouTube and Netflix. We will no longer be able to track your usage on these services which means the information below will not accurately reflect your usage.

************************************************************************************************************************************

It seems that "some improvements"   are not ......

Whilst many would see the non-ability of PN to track YouTube & Netflix usage, as a "bonus"... It seems that the figures shown in the usage chart, are only a very poor substitute for the service that was provided before the "improvements" were made...  ( and that is an improvement  ? ?  )

Incidentally,  I have been with PN for 10 years +, now, and I have not noticed any improvement on YouTube.

Can you explain what improvements I should be seeing, to justify the poor quality of the statistics on the usage chart .  Please ? ? ? ?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@shutter - I'm pretty sure that message has been there for over a year now..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
shutter
Community Veteran

@dvorak  Yeah... Probably, but thought it was relevant to this post ! ! .