cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why 72 Hours?

dippo

Why 72 Hours?

When I used Live Chat this morning to report that my connection problems had not improved over the weekend following an Openreach engineer visit  on Friday, I was told that PN would run further tests and be in touch. I asked when this would be, as the ticket was raised more than two weeks ago, and was told 72 hours. Why does it take 3 working days to run further tests? Do older tickets have any sort of priority over new requests, or does this 3 day period start again each time any update is added to a ticket? If another engineer visit is necessary, then after the 72 hours that can't possibly be arranged earlier than Friday, so that's another week gone.
There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency to help customers; it takes over an hour to get through on the phone, PN send emails asking you to reply with information, and when you reply to the email you get a message saying you can't reply to that address, and when you update the ticket it seems to be left unopened for three days. I wouldn't call that "Doing me proud".
1 REPLY 1
godsell4
Rising Star

Re: Why 72 Hours?

Quote from: dippo
There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency to help customers; it takes over an hour to get through on the phone, PN send emails asking you to reply with information, and when you reply to the email you get a message saying you can't reply to that address, and when you update the ticket it seems to be left unopened for three days. I wouldn't call that "Doing me proud".

Indeed hard to argue with your summary.
As a *very* long term customer of PN, currently finding it very hard to promote PN to friends and family at the moment and personally I for a new property I am buying as my retirement fund, it will not be getting connected via PN for broadband.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed