cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the point in joining PN?

Blim
Grafter

Whats the point in joining PN?

So you have a problem and PN blame BT who own PN now. The problem never gets fixed. PN blames that on BT. Still nothing gets fixed.
At least if you are with BT, BT can't pass the blame to BT because they are BT.
LOL.
23 REPLIES 23
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Whats the point in joining PN?

Seriously,
What's the point of this thread?
Where is the feedback? - If you've got nothing to feed back (in seriousness) then don't post. Simple.
My response to you is, if you're not happy with Plusnet, then you have the freedom to go elsewhere (most likely at charge if you're in a contract).
Not all things are able to be fixed at the flick of a switch.
What "Problem" are you referring to exactly, Is it a service failure, or just a little naggle with something that uses the service, such as a game not performing correctly?
I don't feel this post is really beneficial to anyone on the boards.
Cheers,
Matt.
Blim
Grafter

How rude.
Would you like to pay my bill? or would you like to tell me how to spend my money? is it ok I spend my money to play online games?

The word feedback can be looked up using google at google.co.uk.
Thanks.
A paying customer.
pwatson
Rising Star

[Modified for accuracy]
So you have a problem and PN blame BT Openreach (who have nothing to do with the ownership of PN) . The problem never gets fixed. PN blames that on BT Openreach. Still nothing gets fixed.
If you are with BT Retail they can also pass the blame to BT Openreach because they have exactly the same relationship with other BT divisions that any other ISP has...

Mattz0r
Rising Star

I'm also a paying customer (A happy one) Wink
Just saying there are other options if you're not happy with the way things are dealt with.
As pwatson points out, the network is managed by BT Openreach, who are quite rightly, a different part of BT Group.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"So you have a problem and PN blame BT who own PN now. The problem never gets fixed. PN blames that on BT. Still nothing gets fixed."
The above is what I'd call feedback. Smiley
I see the Plusnet fanboys are up late.
Blim
Grafter

Plusnet are terrible end of.
You can get mixed up on who owns what, that's why it is the way it is. You may not understand that but that's how they pass the blame and nothing gets done but you still pay your bill.

And anyway, when I was with BT I had 5 BTOR guys at the same time around my house trying to fix a non existence "problem on my line". At the end of the day its the ISP's responsibility to provide a connection. They are responsible for the ISP's they use and the problems that may affect us as PN's customers.

2 years of lies. I'm stuck In a contract because PN lied and told me it was my line but then I get FTTC and nothing changes. Peak time latency, lag, packet loss, duplicate packets, time out, download out of sync with upload and so on.
Blim
Grafter

Quote from: newagetraveller
"So you have a problem and PN blame BT who own PN now. The problem never gets fixed. PN blames that on BT. Still nothing gets fixed."
The above is what I'd call feedback. Smiley
I see the Plusnet fanboys are up late.

lol I know I'm bored but I didn't think I'd get attacked by PN fanboys XD
I'm getting flash backs from steam forums Smiley
NedLudd
Grafter

What about your problem Blim?  Wink
Give a bit more detail and maybe the DCT peeps will pounce on it and sort it for you.
I know it's frustrating when you can't seem to get a problem resolved and you need to let off a bit of steam (no pun intended). The DCT peeps here are top notch and will be able to help you out.
Just, give them the chance eh!
Geoff,
York.
Blim
Grafter

Sorry buddy but I've already stated everything you asked and this is the feedback part of the forum not support.

Its funny because I mainly ever see problems at peak times or UK bank holidays. So yes everything is fine when PN and everyone else is at work but when we are all at home at the end of the day (peak time) it just isn't. Ignorance is bliss?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Feedback is fine but starting off with a completely incorrect statement makes the whole thing rather pointless
picbits
Rising Star

The reason I'm with PN ?
My Gran had a problem with her BT line, I called BT, I spent two days going round in circles with the Indian call centre trying to explain the cadence ring was a solid tone on her line which was messing up her emergency call equipment. They constantly blamed her equipment until I removed the master socket, hooked up a digital storage oscilloscope to the line and offered to email them the waveform at which point I managed to be transferred to a UK engineer. A week later, the line was fixed.
When I had an issue with my line just after joining PN, I could make calls but couldn't receive incoming calls. I called the PN faults line on a Saturday morning, got through in 2 minutes, had the fault logged within 5 minutes.
Don't get me started on TalkTalk and the issues I've had dealing with them on behalf of customers ! One of my neighbours had to use my connection for over a week while they sorted out her problem (failed card at the exchange but they blamed her computer having a virus, then her router, then my brand new router, then my Linux laptop for having a virus, then her telephone etc etc).
Mayfly
All Star

The other side to the coin and many posts on here - I called PN 2 weeks before Christmas got the message that there was a 30 minute wait but my call was answered within 2 minutes and when I replied to an open ticket last week I got a reply from PN within  25hrs.
Whilst I've stated before I think there pricing policy is overly complicated and the software they use desperately needs up dating they have never let me down yet and I've been with them since 2006 the first 3 years on PAYG.
Blim
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Feedback is fine but starting off with a completely incorrect statement makes the whole thing rather pointless

Look I respect you guys but the thing is I just want my internet to work.
I really am sorry if I annoy you guys here on the forum but when I die I'll look back at this and think, well at least I tried but unfortunately we are all slaves and the corporations own us. my illness isn't going away and I just want to enjoy whats left without being mess around like some inanimate object.
picbits
Rising Star

I feel your frustration having been with other ISP's who have messed me about.
I think you just have to keep persevering with the PN staff on here - they are pretty good but seem a little overworked and can overlook stuff to follow up - a gentle (polite) nudge now and again seems to reap the rewards.
If you have line issues then unless you move to someone like Virgin Media and use their own cable system then you're not going to have a lot of luck with any other ISP.
Fingers crossed you get it sorted though Smiley