Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the point in joining PN?

Blim
Grafter

Re: Whats the point in joining PN?

I know its not a line problem.
The problem is I have 99% upload consistency but only 20% download consistency and a 1000ms tcp pause on my download witch gives me the hit detection problem in game because the hitbox isn't updating and my upload is perfect so my location gets updated fine but I have a delay on receiving data that make the game feel like other players are instagib killing me or killing the instant I walk around a corner like everyone is a pro. This is the same now with every game, PS2 is meant to have a shield and health like in halo but its always instagib deaths because I receive the data in one go or too late to react.
Blim
Grafter

And again, starts to play up BIG time, no hit reg for ages then a big teleport and 5 secs later as I flick back to windows I see the ping test time out but router pppoe/modem still connected.
hex
Grafter

That appears to be a line dropout (even more so if it lines up with the log entries at 14:40:00 for reauth) - is there any noise on the phone line when it starts to time out?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

From what I can tell we've been trying to help but you've not wanted to connect to the master socket, which is a key step in testing faults. Have you been able to test in the master socket yet?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Blim
Grafter

OMG nice lie again. Wow
You know my connection is connected to the master socket, you also know I can't even get to the modem as its locked in a room I cant get in. All of this is on the open ticket I'm still waiting for a reply on.
And before you lie again I can arrange to get into this room if need be.
Wow chris wow, Amazing.
Your trying to help me but you have failed? refund now please?

@clearx
Its not line drop out as you can see the logs and the time of day (bottom left) are not the same.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Blim
The problem is I have 99% upload consistency but only 20% download consistency and a 1000ms tcp pause on my download

Having just run a quality and speed test using myspeed.visualware.com I'd conclude that the test is completely flawed and can't be trusted. 
Look I respect you guys but the thing is I just want my internet to work.

My advice would be to ignore the entirely spurious 'consistency' figures and to work *with* PN and users of this forum in sorting out your basic connection issues...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry Blim but I'm going directly off the ticket where Chris Purvey had asked you to check in the master socket. If you've tested this since the 21st where you cleary stated that you couldn't access the master socket, then I apologise. So please don't accuse me of telling lies when I'm just going directly off the information you've given us.
There are errors on your line, this is not going to be doing any favours for your connection at all.
I've asked Chris to make sure he picks your fault ticket and updates you today.
*I see that your ticket says the modem is in the master socket but you are unable to access it without notice, so if/when another engineer is arranged we'll need you to allow him access to the socket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Blim
Grafter

Quote from: pwatson
The problem is I have 99% upload consistency but only 20% download consistency and a 1000ms tcp pause on my download

Having just run a quality and speed test using myspeed.visualware.com I'd conclude that the test is completely flawed and can't be trusted.

(sorry I cant help but reply)
You say that but I'm not getting the same problems on a 3g connection and guess what my games also run fine on 3g connection.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've just replied to your ticket Blim and I'll update you again as soon as I can.