Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats Happening

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Whats Happening

I'm disappointed the initial order wasn't placed correctly if I'm honest. If it had been then you'd have been up and running 3 weeks ago!
Whether you keep your number or not it's looking like another fortnight, you're fully entitled to take your business elsewhere although I hope you'll be willing to give us another chance to get things up and running for you?
I recognise we've had more than enough time already which is why I'm only too happy to compensate you for your troubles once the service is active.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bandashing
Dabbler

O.K Bob but you really need to look into whats happening to your customer support If I provided this level of customer service I'd be out of a job 3 weeks ago
I want a date of when I can expect active services and be kept informed is that too much to ask Bob.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: bandashing
I want a date of when I can expect active services and be kept informed is that too much to ask Bob.

No, that's perfectly acceptable and is the least you should expect! We'll get the orders placed again for you and I'll drop you an email once this has been done...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@bandashing, not sure whether or not Jack left you a message this morning but your order's been reappointed for the afternoon of the 27th August. It's important somebody's in between 1pm and 6pm as an engineer will probably need to visit your premesis.
I'll check things again towards the end of the week to make sure everything's progressing as it should...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Bob
I'll check things again towards the end of the week to make sure everything's progressing as it should...

Not quite the end of the week (I've just got back from leave), but I've checked the progress of your orders this morning and the phone installation's still on track for the 27th. The broadband's on track to be activated the same day or the day after.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bandashing
Dabbler

BT came on 27th sorted out phone line but got a phone call in the evening telling me no broadband till at least a week.
From placing a order on the 12th july and plusnet cocking up the order by employing incompetent customer service staff who had no idea what was happening (if I had not posted on this forum I think I would have gotten nowhere) and having no phone line till the 27th august and still no broadband is a bit more than any sane person can handle not only have I lost out financially mobile bill came to more than £70 and had to buy a mobile usb modem but also caused a lot of bother with other family members.
Two things still bothering me
1 Why is the customer support so incompetent from the new posts on this forum a lot of people are going through the same thing as me what is been done about the customer support people who I spoke to on a number of occasion before posting on this forum surely if they can't do their jobs properly why are they still here.
2 Your goodwill gesture of not charging for the engineer visit is taking the p#ss I expect something more  substainal
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

No excuse for PN's errors is being made bu one who has had good experiences throughout.
But similar problems arise with communication with and actions by any large organisation. For whatever reason cases do not get linked, or no one bothers to look.
Very recently I was chased by one section of an agency dept, whilst the case was current with complaints
Ironic that computers were meant to make things easier, yet too often dumb down thought processes.
Sorry to be OT, but generally out there are far worse than PN. My opinion! Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: bandashing
BT came on 27th sorted out phone line but got a phone call in the evening telling me no broadband till at least a week.
From placing a order on the 12th july and plusnet cocking up the order by employing incompetent customer service staff who had no idea what was happening (if I had not posted on this forum I think I would have gotten nowhere) and having no phone line till the 27th august and still no broadband is a bit more than any sane person can handle not only have I lost out financially mobile bill came to more than £70 and had to buy a mobile usb modem but also caused a lot of bother with other family members.

The initial order failed due to an honest mistake. The problems/delays that have occurred since then have been completely outside of our control. I know it makes no odds from a customer perspective where the process has broken down however I just want to make it clear that it is *not* a case of us employing incompetent members of staff!
Two things still bothering me
1 Why is the customer support so incompetent from the new posts on this forum a lot of people are going through the same thing as me what is been done about the customer support people who I spoke to on a number of occasion before posting on this forum surely if they can't do their jobs properly why are they still here.

This isn't helping (the bit about provisioning and repair). The lead time for a phone appointment is approaching a month at the moment! We also have a lot of new staff and are constantly recruiting at the moment, because of this it's understandable that there will be the odd mistake as people get to grips with things.
2 Your goodwill gesture of not charging for the engineer visit is taking the p#ss I expect something more  substainal

I'll happily refund you your first subscription payment once it's cleared. Give me a nudge here after the weekend and I'll sort it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bandashing
Dabbler

I firmly believe that the customer service I dealt with before posting on this forum are incompetent and are not fit to work for plusnet
"honest mistakes" "completely outside of our control" far too many in my opinion and a very easy excuse to make.
Having finally got broadband on the 6th september had to endure 3 more days of intermitttent service where I would only get broadband for couple of hours a day things seem to be ok now but the speed is no way near the upto 20mb or the estimated 13.8mb

sometimes it doesn't go above 2mb but nevermind I'll put up with it I really don't want to deal with your customer services again.
I will not be recommending plusnet to friends and family I'm sure you can understand why
Thanks Bob I appreciate what you did for me and don't forget your goodwill gesture.
Thanks again.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi there
What do your router stats show , are you plugged into the master socket ?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bandashing
Dabbler

Just to remind you about your goodwill gesture

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi bandashing,
I have now refunded your subscription payment as Bob had promised.
Jojo Smiley