cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats Happening

bandashing
Dabbler

Whats Happening

It seems to me a lot of people are having this problem and the only way to get any response is to post in this forum as many have said the customer service response is non existant I have rang them on many occasions its like talking to a machine all answers are scripted
I placed a order for broadband and phone well over 3 weeks ago I have been without phone line and broadband since the 27th july. The whole household is now getting a bit pissed off so would someone please contact me and let me know whats happening
Thank You
26 REPLIES 26
nadger
Rising Star

Re: Whats Happening

Welcome to the forums  Smiley
The staff that monitor these forums aren't normally around at the weekends but will pick up on this on Monday and will, as always, prove to be very helpful.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@bandashing, sorry about the delay Sad
I've just taken a look at your account and can see that an order was placed back on the 12th July to provide both voice and broadband simultaneously on the 22nd July. This obviously hasn't happened which at a glance seems down to an ordering error of sorts. I'm going to get one of our provisioning guys to pick this up for you as I suspect a brand new order needs placing.
I'll let you know once I've found out more...
Edit: right, what I suspect has happened is that the corresponding broadband order wasn't placed to coincide with the provisioning of your phone line. This has caused the phone order to stall. I'm going to try closing off the existing order with a view to placing a brand new one to get both the phone and broadband up and running and your number ported across at the same time. Bad news is that this is going to take ten days or so to ensure there are no further complications. I'll happily compensate you for the error once everything's up and running though. Sorry about this!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sassy62
Grafter

It seems to me a lot of people are having this problem

Nods...
bventure

Only 3 weeks? Hope you realise how lucky you are, I ordered on 19th June and I still don't have any broadband (got a phone in about 3 weeks though!). Same problem, no-one you can speak to knows or understands what's happenning, anyone who might have any clue you can't speak to - hence more of these issues appearing on the forum, it was the only way I could get any action too.
bandashing
Dabbler

Why was not this picked up by the customer service people who I spoke to on a number of occasions why are they so incompetent surely by the number of these incidents appearing in this forum is a indication that something is seriously wrong with your customer service people they need severe re-training or need to be replaced by more competent people if I’m not mistaken your customer service is based in India?Huh
If you expect me to wait ten more days I expect a substantial compensation I am getting a lot of stick and bother from the other people in the household and is a cause of a lot of arguements.
I urge anyone else who had the same problem to send a letter of complaint to plusnets head office about the competency of their customer service people.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

if I’m not mistaken your customer service is based in India?Huh

Yes you are
Customer service is based in Sheffield , but has an offshoot they took over from John Lewis in Durban South Africa
dial the 0845 number you might get either, dial 0114 296 5183 and you will get Sheffield
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Bandashing,
I've checked on the cancellation order Bob has placed for you, unfortunately we're still waiting for that to go through. As soon as it does we'll make sure the order is placed properly for both phone and broadband and goes through for you as soon as is possible, and as Bob has said we will sort something out for you as a result of the error.
Once again I'm sorry you're having this extra wait.
bandashing
Dabbler

Someone please give a update of whats happening
bandashing
Dabbler

This is getting beyond a joke now it seems this forum is just as same as the customer service very thin on information and communication
Someone please tell me whats happening
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry about the lack of communication, Bob will be looking into your account shortly and will update you as soon as we have any further information.
bandashing
Dabbler

and did Bob or anybody else look into my account to find out whas happening?
Angry Sad Cry
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You must have a lot of patience, I'd have found another provider by now. Come on PlusNet is this what you call good customer service Sad
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: bandashing
and did Bob or anybody else look into my account to find out whas happening?
Angry Sad Cry

Yes, as mentioned in my last post I closed off the existing order and placed a brand new one to get both the phone and broadband up and running and your number ported across at the same time. The date this was due to complete was 19th August. I did add internal notes to your account but neglected to report back here or drop you an email (sorry about that).
Now for the bad news...
I've checked the progress of the order today and Openreach have cancelled the telephone side of things. The reason they've done this is because they don't like the number portability aspect of things. This is probably due to the number port authorisation code being too old (it was taken from the order that was originally placed), or because your line is no longer active and has since been ceased. This is a bit of a nightmare as it's going to extend the lead time even further! Cry
Is it critical that your old number is ported across or would you be equally happy to be assigned a new one?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bandashing
Dabbler

"but neglected to report back here or drop you an email"
Seems a very common problem Bob
Any way how long me wait if I keep my old number how long if I get a new number as my order is not placed yet I'm not tied into contract and I can go with a new provider ?Huh