cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What

jmd
Grafter

What

have you done to the Forum - I know I read what changes you were proposing but they seemer much clearer than the actual result!
It now seems much more complicated............................
41 REPLIES 41
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: What

especially if you want to start a new subject, you have to hunt down the tree, mind all the fallen leaves to find where you might be able to put it. Cry
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I think the democratic decision was to review the changes in a month was it not and then make a decision on whether or not we keep it?
I've not had chance to get used to it yet but I must admit I don't like the horizontal layout of the sub-forums on the main page, makes it much harder to see what goes where IMO.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Spider
Grafter

What I find frustrating is that the horizontal sub sections give no indication as to what sort of threads should be posted there. Take this section for instance exactly what should be included here rather than the main feedback section. Unless of course this is the place to let of steam regarding products and services without expecting any feedback?
James
Grafter

I certainly wouldn't expect any threads in this forum to be ignored.
An intuitive title wouldn't have been too much to ask for though Tongue
Firejack
Grafter

Honestly I see no problem with the setup, at least at a quick glance. This configuration of sub forums within forums is a very common setup now.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Maybe we should have a "rant about the new forums" forum? Grin
I'm just trying to get used it it, just find it strange as I've been using the PlusNet forums since 2004 (I think) and it's the first quite radical change they've had.
God
Grafter

I can see the point of the sub forums; I can also see why they are shown horizontally, to save screen real estate, otherwise we would have a very deep page mega scrolly situation.
The bit that isn’t so hot is that the ‘Last Post’ info doesn’t tell you which sub forum it was posted in, this doesn’t help you make a quick decision if it is of interest or not.
Cheers
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

No particular problems with the "trial" I suppose you'd call it, or the horizontal link's. But it does rather smack of a job for someone who's slightly under employed to get on with when they've got a few moments to spare, or in other words; change for the sake of change rather than having any real point to it...if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. However pleased to see the demise of the Polish forum, I've nothing against our European brothers and sisters (honest) but it wasn't exactly used over much.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What a mess, I thought the forums had become corrupted. What on earth was wrong with the old layout?
Not applicable

Nice and helpful George - didn't you add your comments to the threads discussing the changes?
If people don't tell us how they want things, its pretty difficult for us to know how they should be.
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Further to my earlier post; now if you'd made these changes at the same time as changing the colour scheme, with the benefit of hindsight, my guess is you would be getting a lot less flack now, but you didn't, so these changes seem on the whole a bit pointless. However human nature suggests that if you, at the end of the "trial" reinstate the old menu's you will be inundated with complaints about that as well.
You can't please all of the people all of the time...
It would be interesting if you would explain your reasons behind the proposed changes, especially how much they assist yourselves.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

To me the old main forum index was way too long! I also thought that there were a lot of posts that ended up in the wrong board - far too many for the mods to keep on top off. Plus when mods do move posts some people get upset. Hopefully with a more logical hierarchical structure people will find it easier to find the correct place.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

A further thought: I hope people will look at the board/sub-board structure separately from the cosmetics of the way they are displayed. While I think that the structure is a great improvement, I think Oldjim's suggestion here is spot on.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I have just had this section come up on my screen after my usual form of entry to the forum..... never seen it before.....

This new "layout" is a bit like the bus service round here..... a new company will decide they are going to put a bus on an established route, so they put on a white bus..... no logo.  no company name. just the header  "Free bus to town".... and run it 3 or 4 minutes before the regular one....
People get confused, get on, and don`t know where it is going until it gets there.....
Eventually, the new company decides it isn`t worth the effort, and puts the bus on a different route, customers get confused again, and some even get taxi`s into town, so at least they are assured of the destination.