cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on?

dillon22

What's going on?

I'm a user in Northern Ireland, and I'm unable to sign up to a subscription with RTE Television. My IP address's are not being recognised as being from Northern Ireland.  If contacted Plusnet Customer service and they tell me I need a static IP address and would need to upgrade to Pro or Premium.  My last ISP I never had this problem!  
Another issue is that I had signed up to a 12 month contract; I’ve just read an email confirming an 18 month contract, why is this?  
Other than the above, everything else seems to be fine apart from the speed being slow and while on youtube the video's stop more often than run.

Cathy Sad
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: What's going on?

email is complete bollocks - you are on a 10 day contract but if you leave within 12 months any freebies (router etc) will need to be paid for
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:What"s going on?

Hi,
I've got an idea on how to fix this for you, I'll need to check when I'm back in the office in the morning and I'll pop back to this thread then.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've popped a ticket on your account with the information on how we can fix this for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi Cathy, I've had confirmation that this should be sorted on or around 13th November. There's a GeoIP company that we need to request changes from before you're able to access the service.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dillon22

Thank you Jim for the info!
Thank you very much Chris and Bob.  
I'll let you know if things work out, thanks again,
Cathy