cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What plusnet didn't tell you

Seanlee

What plusnet didn't tell you

I sign up plus net due to its great offer for fiber package. After switching over, discover the problem.
Plusnet gives a basic wifi router (not dual band), for 2.44mb my speed drop 50% as i stay 8 meters away. I can sit next to my router all times. When I called customer service, obviously is not their fault again. Is there anything they can do, .... NO....
Perhaps you need to check what BT offering, I'm stuck now
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: What plusnet didn't tell you

Hi SeanLee,
Welcome to the forums.  Generally one gets what one pays for in life.  The free router is adequate for most installations, but in some circumstances where there are a number of co-channel wifi services they can struggle.
Use the link below for the help assistant and look up "optimising wifi operation".  Down loading the free version of  inSSIDer (V3) or Acrylic WiFi analyser would be helpful for you.
Alternatively there is a massive range of user own choice kit available from a few quid to however much you want to pay.  BT home hubs can be picked up reasonably cheaply on eBay.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What plusnet didn't tell you

Hi Seanlee,
I'm sorry to hear our router doesn't meet your needs.
I'd definitely advise running through the advice shown on here though: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team