cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has gone wrong with Plusnet Support?

strokedriver
Dabbler

What has gone wrong with Plusnet Support?

I have been with Plusnet for about 10 years and have always got great support when I needed it.
However, on Sunday evening I raised a ticket (78601448) and got an automated confirmation at 19.04.
3 days later I have still heard nothing.
The Help Assistant page still shows " Awaiting support team answer"
Not the sort of service to earn a Best Broadband Provider award!
Chris
21 REPLIES 21
williampotter

Re: What has gone wrong with Plusnet Support?

Can I join in on this feedback. I've only been with PlusNet since September when I joined from TalkTalk because of PlusNet's supposed better customer service and TalkTalk's absolutely lousy customer service.
Well I'm regretting my decision. Not only because I have lost 4Mb/s from my average download speed and more markedly, seen my upload speed drop from nearly 1Mb/s to 200Kb/s. But mainly because in the last two days I have failed to contact Plus Net customer support twice. In the one case I was advised of a 30 minutes wait time and in the second case it was 60 minutes.
I consider a 60 minute wait to be a complete withdrawal of customer support.
Back in September when I joined and it took PlusNet 4 weeks to connect my broadband after the phone switch over, I was at least able to contact support with no wait or a maximum of 10 minutes.
So what has gone wrong? Lack of service usually would lead to a reduction in charges.
thehazeyq

Me too. Been with them for years. Absolutely getting worse from what used to be a great personal service that seemed to care. I'm looking for an alternative provider...
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@thehazeyq your problem is being dealt with now http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,121491.msg1052836.html#msg1052836
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
hineni

I am also having terribly trouble with plusnet support.
Very surprised as I have always been so pleased with the service.
But the current situation has left me without email for 15 days and counting - all caused by an error made by plusnet in the first place.
Several phone calls, multiple emails and a lot of time later - NOTHING has happened.
It's quite a disgraceful performance so on the end I filed a complaint on Monday - and guess what - no reply to that either.
Is there anyone there???? It feels like trying to communicate with the Marie Celeste!
Cath
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@strokedriver
I'm sorry you've not had a reply to the ticket yet. I've just replied to that one now for you.
@williampotter
I'm just replying to let others know we replied to your other post here yesterday: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,121485.msg1052753.html#msg1052753 let me know if you have any other concerns though.
@hineni
I'm very sorry this has taken so long to fix but I've just changed your account over to the correct type and tested the mailboxes you have set up and all looks OK.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
viper

Hi, like quite a few others I have been with PlusNet for a number of years, and this current problem with the referral allowance does not seem to be getting solved , I have now stopped telling my friends about PlusNet.  They say it will be sorted  BUT WHEN?.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I think http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119500.96.html covers the problem you're referring to quite well. It'd be worth keeping an eye on this for further updates.
viper

Chris, so you say the link covers this PROBLEM quite well,  so the problem is a known one by PN but it still does not explain why it is taking so long to solve it ?,
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That's why it's a Problem.
Problem's are issues which require thorough investigation by various different teams within our Engineering & Operations Team. I'm not in a position to give a date on the fix being 100% complete, neither are our Development Teams. We'd love for the issue to be fixed sooner rather than later but we're being realistic about the problem in hand and we've been pretty open about the problems and gone into quite a lot of detail too, so that our customers are aware of the work going into it.
If you'd like updates, you can follow them on the link above. As we're not in a position to give timescales on the resolution yet, I'm not able to provide one.
Fido

This is a sad thread. I'm sure everyone is doing their best at a difficult time of year. I have been waiting over 4 days for a response to a message That really isn't good enough. It would be reassuring to hear about action being taken to improve response times.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, I've just picked up the ticket for you, hope the answer helps?
To address your query, absolutely this is something we're working on. We've opened our second site in Leeds and are recruiting for support staff both there and here in Sheffield. We're also doing what we can to get more people in the business answering calls and tickets in order to bring the wait times down.
We know it's not good enough at the moment and are working on it, unfortunately there's not really an easy fix available for something like this. Hope that reassures you though that we do care and are working on it.
Tibbie
Grafter

Have Plusnet been a victim of their own success.
I have been Madasafish, Plusnet for many years, never have I ever seen a support email response time of 52 hours, your customer support was the only reason not to jump to BT this time.
With an aggressive ad campaign, why didn't your strategy team see this pressure on your public facing services coming, very sad  Cry
Let's hope they haven't screwed it up for all you hard working folk
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: Tibbie
Have Plusnet been a victim of their own success.

I'm also hoping this is just "growing pains" - I seemed to join PN just as they had a massive campaign and growth spurt last year and get the general feeling that the support side of the business is now rather stretched.
It would be interesting to see a graph of customer numbers vs time to see if this is true.
I really hope this all gets sorted as there is so much potential with Plusnet to become and stay one of the premier ISP's in the UK but not if they (re)gain some of the bad reputation that followed them in the earlier days.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It's no different to days gone by when PlusNet waits until C/S is at breaking point before they do anything. When C/S was in two buildings they moved them into one because it did not work having C/S split up now they are doing the reverse????