cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has gone wrong with Plusnet Support?

ariosto
Dabbler

Re: What has gone wrong with Plusnet Support?

I have also been with Plusnet for several years and I'm appalled that the costs have consistently risen, and the service has fallen to unacceptable lows. I would go elsewhere except that my wife does not want to lose her email address, but I'm working on her to agree.
I can get a faster connection speed elsewhere and better service along with lower costs.
My queries also took 4 plus days to get a response, and the phone lines involved an hours wait. I did in the end get through after a 30 minute wait, but this is still unacceptable.
There is also the question of a £30 charge when I do leave. This must be a rip off? Is it legal?
ariosto
Dabbler

I would also add that I find the practise of giving new customers a reduced price for the first few months but never any reward for people who have been loyal for several years, an insult. This all stinks.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

First the cancellation charge is only applied when the line is ceased not when you transfer to another supplier (not cable)
Second it is most unlikely that you would get significantly better speeds with another supplier of broadband via the telephone line
Third if you call the Customer Options Team on 0330 123 9197 you may well be able to get a better deal
ariosto
Dabbler

Oh, great idea. But only if you have an hour or two to hang onto the phone.
It's quicker and easier to go to another ISP.
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Not if you need a MAC to move as you need to phone up to get it
Chilton1199
Dabbler

Been with Plusnet for ages for my broadband, and when o2 decided to withdraw from providing email service with effect from 1st November i decided to trust my email to Plusnet too.  BIG MISTAKE!  Not sure what the problem has been, but I have been trying to get on to the support line since mid-october.  Best estimated waiting time since then has been 30 minutes!  tonight 60 mins (again).  Plusnet Assist must be some sort of spoof, because assistance it doesn't provide at all, only interminable waits for nothing to happen.  Researching alternatives now... Angry Angry Angry
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@Chilton1199
Is there anything we can help with at all?