cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you get with current Plusnet Products?

Saturn
Grafter

What do you get with current Plusnet Products?

At present I have a Plusnet Broadband Premier account and with it I get a range of services such as Unlimited email addresses, unlimited mailboxes, Webmal, support for IMAP/SMTP/POP3 email services, Fax2Email, 250M web space, free hosting for 5 domains, an add-on domain for £1/mnth, static IP and many other features.
The current products, Plusnet Value, Plusnet Extra and Plusnet Pro, are only defined in terms of bandwidth and other connection details.  Nowhere are the other services advertised or explained.
This makes it impossible to compare a current product with a legacy product.  All I want to do is maintain my current services but have an account that will go up to 20Meg when my exchange comes on line with the faster service. At present I believe Broadband Premier is limited to up to 8Meg.
How do I determine the facts?  Raise a ticket - no response.  Ring CS - they don't know (tried twice)!  Anyone out there know the answer or can point me at the web pages that give the definitive answer?
25 REPLIES 25
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: What do you get with current Plusnet Products?

All existing customers upgrading their products will keep their existing services - the only ones I'm not sure of is fax2email, as I did not think that was still going, and the 5 domain hosting.
So all you need to compare is the broadband bit.
The reason you don't see the add-on services is because they are no longer offered with the new products (although I think you still get email on some), but this only applies to new customers.
Does that help?
Saturn
Grafter

Peter
Thanks for the reply.  From what you've said it begs the question as to why PN don't just switch my speed setting.  Nonetheless it would be nice to get confirmation from PN because they say a change would be irreversable. If I lose anything I'll be snookered.  Disappointing that CS don't know  Sad
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Changing products is, and always has been the customers decision... Newer products do have differences (like longer peak time periods) and allowances which may, in some cases be detrimental to some users. PlusNet cannot know what is best for you, only you know that.
They do try and publicise new products so costomers can change if they want to, but I for one would not like PN to make that decision for me, even if it may be to my advantage.
Also Plusnet will put customers back on their original products if they are not happy with the new one within the first month.
Saturn
Grafter

Ah, I didn't mean just switch it unilaterally.  Interesting you say they will switch back within the 1st month, 2 CS agents told me a switch would be irreversable.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

It's not something CS can do... you just have to know the right person to talk to  Wink ... It's not a simple thing but it has been done on several occasions as reported in the forums here.
Saturn
Grafter

Right.  So who's the right person?
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Peter, You may be setting a false expectation here.
Yes. there was a time when the agents who attend this forum used to be empowered to switch you back to your old package, expedite MAC Keys, and even grant discounted pricing, this empowerment has been restricted to specific "Teams" such as the Customer Options Team.
It is my observation that the only route to getting past the Rules Police is to show your resolve to leave PlusNet. The Options Team will then use Pricing to give you what it takes to keep you.
My experience is that it is now impossible to resurrect service on a Legacy product because the "System" isn't flexible enough to facilitate it. For example. the way to return you to BBYW Option 1 with 10 GB included would now be to put you on Value and discount the price to £9-99 per month.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
To clarify there's no one here who can change account types within a billing month. Strictly all account changes need to be done on the next billing date. Peter is correct in saying that if you move from a legacy product (one we no longer offer to new customers) to a new one and your not happy with it we'll put you back on the old one, but not until the next billing date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Saturn
Grafter

Hi Adam
Can I have a bit of clarity please, the discussion seems to have moved to a debate about what happens after things have gone wrong (not where I want to get).  I would prefer to have unambiguous clarification as to what I would get and what I wouldn't get.
After much digging around I found the list of what I currently get on Broadband Premier at http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/product_comparision.shtml . Would it be possible for someone at PN to annotate a copy of the list and send it to me?
I know people have said you get the same as before, but that's not what it says elsewhere on the web site.
TIA
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Saturn,
I can't really get anyone to annotate the list I'm afraid. All the relevant info is listed on that page.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Saturn
Grafter

Are you telling me I will retain everything and how will I know they all remain (e.g when I come to renew my domain in 2 years time)?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not directly but in answer to that question yes, we've no issue with you keeping the features of the old account if you change to one of the newer account types Smiley Just make sure you let me action the account change from this side.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Saturn
Grafter

Ok, and what about the cost delta?
linux
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Just make sure you let me action the account change from this side.

Are you saying that anyone wanting to upgrade from an old account to a newer account should not follow the Upgrade Account procedure in the Member Centre?