cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a Polava

fuzed
Dabbler

What a Polava

I'm a new customer, signed up to the unlimited fibre service.
I made a mistake with my current provider and requested a mac cease instead of a mac, spoke to plusnet who advised me to get the mac - so cancelled the cease and waited...
spoke to plusnet staff who advised me that she could do a pstn takeover/cease so basically give me a new number and cancel my current line (I asked would this cost me anything with anyone), nope was the response.
So I said ok, go ahead.
I then find out my current provider will charge me a cease fee as its a cease and not a line take over.  Back to plusnet who say oh no, thats not correct, then I explain an they agree that yes you could potentially charged.  So we cancel the take over etc.
4/5 days later at last I get the MAC Cease cancelled.  I now have to wait to request the MAC... wait a few days an then request and get this.  Pass it onto Plusnet and reorder the engineer for friday the 6th December 2012 PM appointment.
Get an email on Monday morning (the 2nd December) to say that an engineer will be visiting today to install my broadband - hold on - I cancelled that order and I've got text messages to say my engineer visit is on friday!!! WHATS GOING ON...  I get home that evening and my broadband service from my current provider is dead and gone - so thanks, alot, no broadband at all at home!!! (glad i've got it at work).
sooo I call plusnet again (30 mins on bloody hold), speak to the provisioning team and they advise me that my current phone provider now has put a cease on the line, and they can't do anything about it.  I have to speak to my current provider and cancel that cease.  This has now been done now I await the next step, lets see how long it takes for me to get broadband.
Looks like I'm going to be waiting WEEKS to get this sorted.  Pretty annoyed at the moment as I would like to have some form of broadband at home.  And I'm going to have to wait to book in another engineer visit.
The biggest annoyance is that plusnet did not tell me or update me in relation to the cancellation of my order.  Thanks for that, lucky I can cancel my day off on friday if I need to.
Anyway just posting this so if this gets a bit silly i've got a log of it.

16 REPLIES 16
picbits
Rising Star

Re: What a Polava

Sad Sorry to hear you're having issues.
Who is your current provider out of curiosity ? I had visions of having trouble like you when I had my FTTC installed but fortunately mine went without a hitch.
Hang on in there !
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi fuzed,
Really sorry to hear about the issues with your transfer over to us and I'm sorry we weren't able to inform you of the order having been cancelled.
I'm flagging up your order with our provisioning team so we can at least try and expedite the next step in getting the orders re-placed to transfer your service.
Following that I'll be checking your order periodically to make sure we can give you a heads up in case of any further issues, really hoping there won't be any though!
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fuzed
Dabbler

Thanks Guys, current phone provider is primus telecom, broadband provider was xilo (they are good, didn't have an issue with them to be honest, think the issue lies with 02 wholesale) who are SLOW to respond, as they are now culling their broadband services as of I think Jan loads of people are being moved over to other services.
I'm just awaiting them to take the cease off the line so I can actually get some broadband at home.  I've put a message onto the system, not sure if someone could maybe check later today to see if primus have taken the cease of the line.
oh and I meant friday the 6th December 2013 not 2012 above!!  Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

oh and I meant friday the 6th December 2013 not 2012 above!

Don't worry I thought so Wink
We've updated ticket 78122211 with details about your order and a due date for the fibre order.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fuzed
Dabbler

Thanks adam got this message this morning 'We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 78122211 ] has now been returned to the BOT - FTTC Provides pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.'.  any idea's what that means?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's a bit wordy I know Smiley but it basically means that the ticket we added the details about your order to has come off hold for us to check and confirm the appointment.
I've done that now and glad to say it's been confirmed for the 12th.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fuzed
Dabbler

wordy??!!  Grin
yeah just a bit... lol... confused the  Shocked out of me!!!
excellent, lets hope Open Reach turn up an install... being without broadband and having poor mobile internet service (i.e. none) at home makes me a very sad person!!!  Cry
fuzed
Dabbler

Install tomorrow morning (I HOPE)!!! I'll be waiting!!! Crazy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Still booked in for tomorrow, no delays showing Smiley All looking good.
picbits
Rising Star

I'll start crossing things for you - good luck Smiley
fuzed
Dabbler

lol, cheers... I think I'll be crossing everything as well.
Im not leaving my place until the engineer's been an gone!!! Smiley
fuzed
Dabbler

Engineer turned up and installed! All working Smiley Smiley
speed tests run, results below - I know its just been installed so its got a few days before it settles.  Engineer said im literally 100mtrs from the cab so should get pretty much full speed...

Can someone from billing sort out my billing please, I've been without service since the 2nd December but I think I'm being charged from then!!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, just updated your ticket for you, hope that helps - really glad everything installed as planned and is now working. Please give us a shout if there's anything else we can do for you.
fuzed
Dabbler

Cheers matt, just got an email saying they've refunded me Smiley