cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Plusnet needs

avatastic
Grafter

What Plusnet needs

It would appear that BTo keep failing to keep appointments, and whilst this is not PlusNet's fault there is a way they could make things better
Create a dedicated team for monitoring BTo appointments
A team who's sole responsibility is to ensure that BTo attend appointments, and if they don't they are responsible for informing the EU
This will, of course, require BTo to inform the team that appointments can't/won't be made which is the hard part to implement
However since the EUs can't contact BTo directly, surely they'd be willing to contact the ISPs to inform them of work order statuses

Just throwing the idea out there
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: What Plusnet needs

It would appear that BTo keep failing to keep appointments

I'm guessing you've come to that conclusion by posts you've seen on here? To be fair we do see issues with this but aren't seeing a marked increase in my awareness. As I thin Mark has commented on threads about this subject before we do report each instance of this to our suppliers and we do also broach this at a higher level if we do see a marked increase.
I'm going to take the time as soon as I can to scour the forums and see how many cases I can find to better assess if this is a major problem as we'd have better visibility of that from our point of view
Create a dedicated team for monitoring BTo appointments

IF it's a widespread issue the in theory is a good idea, however it presents big obstacles as we'd need to take staff away probably from other faults work-flows to do this, those positions then need to be back filled.
As it stands when appointments are missed we will deal with them as quickly and as effectively as we can which I believe we are doing so I don't think we need to change that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

As it stands when appointments are missed we will deal with them as quickly and as effectively as we can which I believe we are doing so I don't think we need to change that.

Yes, but that relies on you knowing that the appointment is missed. Do BTo inform you that they are not going to be able to make the appointment ?
From what I see on the forums it seems that the first time you are aware is when the annoyed customer complains that BT didn't turn up!.
What it really needs is for BTo to be required to warn you ( or the customer ) that they are not going to make the scheduled appointment. Even if this is only an hour or so before the end of the time-slot for the appointment then at least some action can then be taken in a timely manner to avoid the annoyance to the customer that just not turning up causes!.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

riccardob
Grafter

Hello avastic,
The thread you have raised is very interesting.
You will see from my own thread that I have had two missed BT appointments in two days.
There is obviously an issue of how BT engineers deal with the customers ie. not ringing them to say they cannot come.
Plusnet may not able to change BT's ways however they could provide some compensation to their customers for missed ppointments.
My point of view is that I cannot see a reason why Plusnet cannot include in their SLA with BT that a customer will receive compensation for a missed appointment.
At the end of the day if my bank, Lloyds had a technical fault and was not able to pay my direct debit on time, wouldn't Plusnet still expect my monthly payment? I bet they would. Would they threaten to cut off my supply if I wasn't paying my fees on time? I bet they would.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Do BTo inform you that they are not going to be able to make the appointment ?
From what I see on the forums it seems that the first time you are aware is when the annoyed customer complains that BT didn't turn up!.
What it really needs is for BTo to be required to warn you ( or the customer )

Re BT letting us know, they do however there are a number of reasons why appointments might be missed. For example there may be a resource issue where perhaps engineers have been redirected to a more wide-spread fault. In the majority of cases BT won't know that the appointment can't be fulfilled until very close to the actual time of the appointment. That obviously then means that it's up to us to do our best to deal with these reactively rather than pro actively.
Plusnet cannot include in their SLA with BT that a customer will receive compensation for a missed appointment.

I appreciate what you say there but it doesn't really work that way around I'm afraid. We will always push back when issues like this happen but remember that effectively we are BT Wholesales customer and and as such resell their connections along with their SLAs as offered as part of our service.
So to summarise if this was a very widespread problem then we would dig into this in more detail and broach this at a higher level with BT. Also if it was applicable that we were able to know well in advance of a booked appointment that it might be missed we'd be able to act on that pro actively.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team