cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I hate about feedback forums....

landrocket

What I hate about feedback forums....

Is the fact that only the people with bad experiences ever post  Sad
I previously had Be Line Bonding (2x16mb down, 1.5mb up).  This was costing me £65 per month + £4ish for 4 static IPs + 2x£15 for the BT lines
Unlimited Fibre installed today.  Estimate was 55mb, already getting 65mb openreach engineer said my line looks good for 70mb.  Total cost £19.99 + £5 one off for static IP + £14ish for the line rental
I do need Caller ID as we have a call screening system so was a little bit surprised to see it as an optional extra.  Also, I did have to call plusnet as the BT engineer installed his stuff but the account hadn't been set up at plus.net end - personally, I blame the fact that I did have to cancel all Be services and one of the BT lines before the order actually went through.  Other thing was having to pay the delivery charge for the Technicolor modem that I didn't want - we have 25+ visible Wifis from our house, so I use a WNDR3700 on the 5ghz band otherwise our wireless is; for want of a better word; poo.
At the minute, I am a very happy customer.
4 REPLIES 4
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: What I hate about feedback forums....

Welcome landrocket to both PN & this forum. Like you I am among the 99.9% of PN customers who are absolutely delighted with both the product & superb customer support.  Smiley
We are, as always, the silent majority.
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Happy here too !  Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@landrocket
Welcome to Plusnet and to the forums!
I hear what you're saying, it tends to be the nature of most support-based forums is what I've come to realise but feel free to tip the balance towards the positive as much as you like. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tstaddon
Rising Star

Same here. I'm a veteran of Metronet from many years back, and have very high expectations of my ISP. For the most part, Plusnet have delivered everything I need from an ISP, not least the sheer fact there are employees on the forums and at PN Towers who know what they're doing and are willing to help, does mean if you have a truly off-the-wall problem they're able to help.
Some of the problems that are raised repeatedly are due to

• "stock" processes for dealing with customer provisioning, basic tech support and the like not appearing to be efficient or "personal" enough, at least from the customer's point of view.

• BT, and other ISPs not doing their jobs properly - it might be true, but when you're dealing with irate customers being passed from pillar to post, playing the blame game isn't going to help

• Not enough "human" interaction between PN and customers who're following the normal support channels, especially those who're not familiar with the technology

• The Technicolor router wireless range issues

Some of that could be sorted if people who "owned" support calls maintained communication with the customers even if that means ringing them and talking to them, owning the case from start to finish.
I'm saying that because I've worked in support for over 15 years and IMO customer service is all about the customer's perception of being valued, and not just being treated as the origin point of the occasional ticket number.
Great service doesn't always have to be about Fixing It Yesterday - customers can be quite understanding if you have a human being with a name making the effort to talk to them, and keeping them updated, on a regular basis.
For instance - if a customer migrating from another ISP is experiencing delays or complications in the handover, there's loads you can talk to them about besides merely telling them that their old ISP is holding things up - pre-empt the next set of questions. Ask if they have an existing router, for example. If so, will they need further advice on reconfiguring it. Find out if it's firmware locked to their old ISP. Ask if the customer, if they've requested the PN router, if they want to be able to repurpose their old router. And, will they need help migrating DNS / SMTP addresses, mailboxes, and so on.
If a dozen people in the same area and connected to the same cabinet all have a period of downtime at the same time on the same day, why not ring a few customers on that cabinet and just make them aware that you've identified a possible problem and are checking to see if they are affected, do they want PN to contact them to let them know when it's fixed, and so on. Especially if other ISPs are affected. Because those people might just talk to each other, and "My ISP called me to explain what the problem is" is a very good advert to someone who's saying "I've had no internet all day and I can't get through to tech support".