cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail extremely slow for many months

ajs

Webmail extremely slow for many months

Every day I access plusnet webmail via various internet browsers, on multiple machines and on different internet connections (some plusnet and some not).

The problem is that I am often waiting for many minutes to open an email or delete an email - that is if I can log in (today took quite a few attempts to login and then 30 seconds to show the text an email when I click on it; 20 seconds to delete an email). Web browsing and other email systems (e.g. gmail) work perfectly fine. However, plusnet webmail is useless some days (like today) and I give up, but on other days it may be ok. Is there a server problem? Any ideas would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Webmail extremely slow for many months

Hey there. I'm sorry to hear that you're affected by the plusnet webmail issues. This is a known issue that our network team are aware of. Our engineers are working to restore the service as soon as possible, however at the moment we don't have a resolution date. Please bear with us whilst we get this resolved.

[Edit] In the meantime, I could probably suggest using a mail client, .e.g Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ajs

Is there any other way I can access my email account that would be faster and less problematic? e.g using an email programme?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Yes any email program will do it - using Outlook there are no problems

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

If you are unsure on how to set up your email on a mail client, here's a good guide you could have a read of:

http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button